News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 30, 2015, 03:48:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I had this really odd dream.....  (Read 427 times)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
I had this really odd dream.....
« on: June 01, 2015, 08:02:55 PM »
I remember a lot of my dreams, probably 1 to 3 times per week Seldom scary, all are whacky but many times I can figure out why I dreamed it based on what is going on in my life.

Last week I woke up convinced a good friend and neighbor had emailed me requesting me to take care of her cat, a task we swap during our vacations. But when I checked my email I couldn't find the note. I texted asking "did you ask me to take care of kitty or did I dream it". Without even a "huh?" she responded "you dreamed it". She knows me well.

We have a pool. The switch for the pool light is in our detached garage that has the garage door and a side door in the front. I dreamed last night the pool light was on (haven't been in the pool for over a week because we've been having rain for two weeks and we haven't used the pool at night all spring) and the actual switch was in the pool in the deep end half way down the wall so I decided to find a rake that I could use to reach the switch without getting into the pool but somehow our garage now had a door in the back. When I shared this one with DH he just laughed and said he couldn't come up with any idea about this one.

Who else wants to share their dreams?

Dazi

• like the flower
Re: I had this really odd dream.....
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 08:39:35 PM »
A few weeks ago I dreamed I was teaching a intensive cooking and pastry class.

The other night I dreamed I went on vacation to a place called Armagh and I loved it so much that I upped and moved there.   No clue on that dream. I dreamed I toured a castle, a couple of cathedrals, an abby of some sort, had a blast at a plantarium, and visited a huge crater lake.  It was crazy vivid. Really beautiful place in my dream. I'd never heard of it and honestly didn't know it was a real place until I googled it.  Apparently,  it's in Ireland.  :P
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Jocelyn

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 09:48:37 PM »
I had a dream last night that my boss was telling me about the requirements to get tenure...which included meeting with him at 9 am MWF and with the Dean's wife at 10 am MWF this fall...and writing a document. As he described the document, I realized that it was actually another dissertation. My first thought was, I could do a lot of writing in 6 hours a week I was going to have to spend in meetings, and two, oh HELL no.
I was about 30 seconds from submitting my resignation when I woke up.  ::)

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 08:21:29 AM »
Not me, but DH. He had a dream the other night that there were two of me. He said I was walking around the house-unclothed, so he ran to the bedroom to wake me up to tell me that I was walking around the house, unclothed. Don't know why he had such a dream but he has been on medication lately, so that's probably it. I've been telling him to behave or I will summon up my secret twin to take care of him!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 08:44:50 AM »
this is a very timely thread.

I had a very weird dream last night - i dreamed that i met and... ummm... played scrabble with this guy i had a slight crush on about 25 years ago! I worked for him for a short while (i was in a supervisory/educational position so i saw him maybe 2-3 times during the few months i worked for him) then had to move and leave that job.  a few years later, in a totally different part of the country, i met him again (he had a different educational job and i was working in a residential school so i saw him maybe once a year for the three years i worked there). haven't seen him since. slight crush never went anywhere.

I don't even know what made me think about him - i was on a facebook page (my father's step granddaughter in law) and saw that despite the many many years age difference between us, she knows some of my old high school friends or my old high school friends children or younger sisters... which got me to thinking about how many times you meet people who know people you know (even if you think you have no common points-of-contact).

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Nikko-chan

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 08:53:33 AM »
Timely thread indeed!! I had a dream where I slept over my aunt's with one of my cousins and my friend. Cousin and I were in a double bed and friend was in the floor. Friend woke up before me, and cousin slept the whole way through.the reason I knew it was aunt's house? I heard my aunt, mom and uncle talking. Then as if something clicked I recognized the cream carpeting. Also I don't want that dream again. I would wake up in the dream, be unable to move and really groggy, and unable to do anything else I would drift back to sleep. This happened three or four times.

pattycake

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 08:56:32 AM »

I don't even know what made me think about him - i was on a facebook page (my father's step granddaughter in law) and saw that despite the many many years age difference between us, she knows some of my old high school friends or my old high school friends children or younger sisters... which got me to thinking about how many times you meet people who know people you know (even if you think you have no common points-of-contact).

This is Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon! (A game - they say you're only about 6 degrees removed from anyone, and someone figured that you can pick any actor and there are only 6 steps to connect them to Kevin Bacon - Actor A was in this movie with actor B who was in this movie with actor C... who was in this movie with Kevin Bacon.)

My dream is the bathroom one which I understand is fairly common. You have to go to the bathroom, and they are so incredibly disgusting, or there's something wrong with the toilet, or they're not private... then you wake up and, surprise! you really do have to go!

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 09:01:12 AM »
I posted this in another thread a few days ago, but since a thread about dreams got started, I'll copy and paste it here too.........

Last weekend, I had a vivid dream that a very close relative lured me into a warehouse where I found out they want to kill me. I escaped and ran into a McDonald's where the employees hid me in the bathroom. I don't usually remember dreams but I remembered this one after I woke up. The following day as I was watching the morning news, there was a story about a person getting attacked with a knife and ran into a McDonald's for help. Pretty strange thing to wake up to.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 09:04:32 AM »
The summer I was 17 and at a work camp, the night before I was to go home, I had a dream.  I dreamt that I had appendicitis and the senior staff had rushed me to the hospital to have my appendix out.  And I was really upset because now I wasn't going to be able to go home on the train with everyone else.

And then I woke.  And was confused because I wasn't going home on the train; my parents were picking me up.

We all trooped into breakfast and looked around.  'Where's Lisa?'

Lisa had been taken to hospital to have her appendix removed.  There is no way I could have overheard the senior staff in my sleep because Lisa was in the other cabin, not mine.

And since I'll be 47 on Friday, that was almost 30 years ago.  And I still remember it.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

GratefulMaria

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 09:23:35 AM »
I dreamed I had a job as a preschool teacher.  It was terrifying!  :-)

Easy to figure out, too:  22 y.o. DS2 is home after finishing school, and we're flying to New City in a couple of days so he and girlfriend can apartment hunt.  Then they're flying back here together for a couple of weeks until the move, and DS1 and his girlfriend will probably come up for a visit.  So there's food prep, entertainment, errands, etc., with a houseful.  I guess the closest approximation I could come to someone with a similar makeup of glass balls in the air was a preschool teacher.  Heh.  Or cat-herder.

Carotte

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 09:57:18 AM »
Dreamt that we hadn't closed the front door properly and that a naked and confused neighbor had barged in. At least i'll be sure to remember the deadbolt this week..

And since I started doing some mathematics on khanacademy it seeped into my dreams, it's really weird like stuff will rearange itself into fractions or concept.
But I'm the kind of person that if I play Tetris for a while (long time or multiple days) I'll start stacking bricks in my dream so yeah...