News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here:   

• November 29, 2015, 01:36:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So who is going to Burning Man?  (Read 645 times)

• the soul of a cat, in the body of a person...
So who is going to Burning Man?
« on: August 20, 2015, 01:22:52 PM »
My post on my potentially bridezilla-ish (but so far, actually quite chill) Burning Man bride has been bringing up lots of Burning Man questions & comments. Which got me thinking...

Who else is going to Burning Man? Anybody care to share their location?

I will be at 9:30 and C, in Horny Camp/Menagerie Village. If you wanted to come looking, you should ask for Baroness Shirley Sharpe-Teeth.

(No, I didn't make that up. Playa names are traditionally given to you, not picked yourself)

This is a listing of the things we offer this year:

As you can see, we're mostly all about the polymer clay and crafting things. :)
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. ~ Hippolyte Taine

Re: So who is going to Burning Man?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 05:13:26 PM »
I've been tempted by the art, but the heat/cold/playa dust just isn't for me.  I have a couple co-workers going.

I heard there is a huge weird outbreak of bugs on the playa right now.  I hope it's gone by the time you get there!

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 10:51:31 PM »
I won't be there, but I think that an Etiquette Hell meet-up at Burning Man would be a fantastic thing.  The etiquette of that festival in particular would be an amazing thing to discuss (though it is well known in terms of activities and interactions), but also the gaps between 'everyday' an that contexts etiquette would also be interesting to hear about.

• Not super patient these days.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 11:30:43 PM »
DD#2 and her fiance are going, are greeters, and are getting married, I think on the 2nd.  No idea what camp they're going to be at.
Newly widowed, fairly cranky, prone to crying at the drop of a hat.  Newly a MIL; not yet a Grandma.  Keeper of chickens and dispenser of eggs! ;D  Owner of Lard Butt Noelle, kitteh extraordinaire!