Author Topic: Question re. lending books via Kindle  (Read 345 times)

Redsoil

Question re. lending books via Kindle
« on: January 29, 2014, 07:01:59 AM »
I've read the information over on Amazon about how to loan books on Kindle.  Sounds quite straightforward. However, when I go to "Manage my Kindle" and click on any book, there is no option at all for lending on the drop-down menu they say to click on. 

Is it possible that this particular function is not available in Australia?  Usually they will mention if a feature is only available in the US, but there is no mention of this restriction at all - just no function to click on!

Figured someone here may know.   :)

Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

katycoo

Re: Question re. lending books via Kindle
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:15:32 AM »
I know that its only available for some books if the author/publisher allows it.  So its possible you simply don't own any books with lending permissions.

Redsoil

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 07:17:19 AM »
I would have thought out of 900+, there would be a few!  Perhaps not.  Thanks katykoo.
Look out... 

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 08:29:43 AM »
Generally speaking, anythying that's new or by a best-selling author is not lending enabled. Kind of like the one book a month you can borrow via the Kindle lending library for those who have Amazon Prime. I have Prime but really don't use that feature as I've never really been able to find anything I really wanted to read!

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 08:43:37 AM »
AFAIK lending books via Kindle is only available if you're in the US. At least, that's what I was told when I contacted Amazon. I could borrow from others, but not lend out myself.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Redsoil

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 05:31:45 AM »
Thanks ladies.  I figured it may have been a US only thing, as my library is extremely diverse and quite extensive, but not one book out of dozens of different types I checked could be loaned out.
Look out...