News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 11, 2017, 08:57:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spinsters' Club Support Thread  (Read 218307 times)

Venus193

• Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Re: Spinsters' Club Support Thread
« Reply #645 on: December 19, 2012, 04:07:48 PM »
Want to ban the perfume ads, too?

Just kidding; I'm a fragrance addict.

Petticoats

« Reply #646 on: December 19, 2012, 06:30:56 PM »
I don't have a functioning TV, so I don't know about fragrance ads, but the radio is overrun with jewelry ads.

caz

« Reply #647 on: December 20, 2012, 06:14:15 AM »
Want to ban the perfume ads, too?

Just kidding; I'm a fragrance addict.

Inevitable!  ???

Sorry, Chanel!

Petticoats

« Reply #648 on: December 20, 2012, 06:41:20 PM »
Well, I just deleted my account with OK Cupid. They sent me an email tonight suggesting that I "go out with a bang," pun intended, since the world is ending tomorrow. Stay classy, guys.  ::) Also: way to rub salt in the wound. We're done. (I'm sure that upsets them terribly.)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
« Reply #649 on: December 20, 2012, 06:54:21 PM »
Oh, ew. I will rethink using them.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #650 on: December 20, 2012, 07:10:28 PM »
Weird - I'm a member and haven't received an email like that...

Petticoats

« Reply #651 on: December 20, 2012, 08:16:24 PM »
Weird - I'm a member and haven't received an email like that...

LOL. Awesome, maybe they just save it for the really hopeless cases.

Octavia

« Reply #652 on: December 21, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »
I'd be honored to join the group, being happily single for over a year now and with no burning desire to change my status. I am a project manager in a large manufacturing facility, I perform my own home repairs, I installed my own car stereo (over 500 Watts), and I own more power tools than most construction contractors. I'm a woman who has become the man I used to want to marry  ;D
"I never explain anything." ~Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins

Reader

« Reply #653 on: December 21, 2012, 08:53:20 AM »
I'd be honored to join the group, being happily single for over a year now and with no burning desire to change my status. I am a project manager in a large manufacturing facility, I perform my own home repairs, I installed my own car stereo (over 500 Watts), and I own more power tools than most construction contractors. I'm a woman who has become the man I used to want to marry  ;D

Welcome!  I salute you!  Don't know if I'll ever install my own car stereo, but I do dream of owning a bunch of power tools, (I'm currently dreaming of a hand held drill), as I just got started building my collection of tools up last year.  I never thought I would need my own set because when I did share living space with a boyfriend he always had a set.  All I ever had was a small set geared towards women, with a small hammer, screwdrivers, etc.  My first thing to snag was a normal hammer, and man do I love it.

Octavia

« Reply #654 on: December 21, 2012, 09:12:57 AM »

Welcome!  I salute you!  Don't know if I'll ever install my own car stereo, but I do dream of owning a bunch of power tools, (I'm currently dreaming of a hand held drill), as I just got started building my collection of tools up last year.  I never thought I would need my own set because when I did share living space with a boyfriend he always had a set.  All I ever had was a small set geared towards women, with a small hammer, screwdrivers, etc.  My first thing to snag was a normal hammer, and man do I love it.
You've got a good start on the tool collection! I started out by getting the Sears Craftsman Club card and watching for sales on their tools. First it was a hammer, screwdriver sets, then a collection of wrenches, a level, an electric drill, and more and more until I had to buy a tool chest for everything. Oh, and the shop vac, which can also be used as a leaf blower.
"I never explain anything." ~Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins

greencat

« Reply #655 on: December 23, 2012, 01:49:41 AM »
I, uh, definitely own more tools and have more construction/home improvement/car repair skills than any of my male friends. 

However, while dating, I've noticed that many men actually find this to be attractive.

pinkyblue

« Reply #656 on: December 25, 2012, 01:44:30 PM »
Merry Christmas to my fellow spinsters who celebrate today!  :)  I hope you're all doing OK - or better than OK! 

My holidays this year turned out to be the "alone but not lonely" kind, for which I'm thankful, because if ever I get down in the dumps about being single, it almost always happens at Christmas time, and it's No Fun At All when that happens.  I've had a lot of interesting things happen lately and am starting some new projects, which are keeping me occupied and happy.  I'll be with friends later in the day for their dinner and gift exchange, and they don't make me feel like a fifth wheel, so - this holiday season gets a B+/A- from me.  :)

Venus193

• Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #657 on: December 25, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »
Home alone with a cold.  Called Brunhilde yesterday afternoon to let her know and didn't realize then that I would feel even worse today.

Off to make more tea.

greencat

« Reply #658 on: December 25, 2012, 04:58:52 PM »
Had to work all day today, and have to work tomorrow, preventing me from visiting my family (partly my own fault, because I volunteered to work to avoid the extended family, only to find out that my immediate family also had enough of them and aren't going there this holiday either.)

I am spending my holiday with my favorite boys:  my cats and Dean and Sam Winchester (I've gotten two episodes behind on Supernatural!)

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #659 on: December 28, 2012, 08:50:55 AM »
Well I am not in a relationsh!p again.  Just two busy people that can't/won't commit to more but I am okay with it.  Will probably try again in the spring when we both slow down a bit.

Spent Christmas day with my daughters & grandsons.  We all cooked a little and cleaned up a little so none of us were overwhelmed with cooking or cleaning.  We all got a good nap, the weather was horrendous so we all stayed indoors, it was pleasant. 

So for us three - the only males in sight are 6 months and 3 years old, ha,ha.