Author Topic: Spinsters' Club Support Thread  (Read 77027 times)

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
Re: Spinsters' Club Support Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 07:49:24 AM »
I also introduced them to my signature drink, the Viking's Kiss.  This is 1 part Cherry Kjafa to 3 parts Frexinet (black bottle).

I have no idea what either of those things are, and yet it sounds yummy. Is that weird?
The status is not quo!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 07:56:54 AM »
Try it sometime; it's a great aperatif.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 07:57:38 AM »
Are those just normal things I've never heard of, or do I need to go somewhere special?
The status is not quo!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 08:30:13 AM »
They're normal products, but not all liquor stores carry them.  Call the stores before you go so you don't end up feeling frustrated if you get to one that doesn't.  Also, prices will vary.  I paid $10 for a bottle of Frexinet and one of my guests has seen that same bottle near his office for $20.

As to the Cherry Kijafa, buy the original version.  The Kosher version is probably sweeter; too sweet for this drink and most other recipes using this wine.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:25:32 AM by Venus193 »

pinkyblue

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 09:05:24 AM »
(timidly)  I can bring homemade Scottish shortbread to the party.  I think it may be why all my married friends make sure I have a seat at the table at Christmas. 

And Trivial Pursuit, Book Edition, sounds good to me. 

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 10:07:41 AM »
Quite some time ago, I created an account on The Knot so that I could look up things for weddings with which I was helping. I entered in fake information for the wedding date and used my ex (at the time current) boyfriend's name as the groom. I got an e-mail mentioning that we got married last weekend. *sigh* I'd completely forgotten about it or I would have changed that stuff. The really sad part is that I was with that guy forever and really thought I would marry him.

I'm going to go crawl in a hole now.
The status is not quo!

Spoder

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 11:04:16 AM »
Quite some time ago, I created an account on The Knot so that I could look up things for weddings with which I was helping. I entered in fake information for the wedding date and used my ex (at the time current) boyfriend's name as the groom. I got an e-mail mentioning that we got married last weekend. *sigh* I'd completely forgotten about it or I would have changed that stuff. The really sad part is that I was with that guy forever and really thought I would marry him.

Nooooooooo!!! Come out, Wonder! I'll, ummm...bake you cookies! (*Beckons encouragingly*).

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 11:05:37 AM »
Cookies you say?
The status is not quo!

Spoder

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 11:07:55 AM »
Yes! Fresh, warm, chewy, triple-choc-chunk cookies!

There will also be icy cold milk.

And no boys allowed.  :P

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 11:12:41 AM »
OK, I'm in!  :D
The status is not quo!

Spoder

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 11:18:16 AM »
OK, I'm in!  :D

*Scuttles off to pre-heat oven and set out doilies*  ;D

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 11:21:34 AM »
I am also spinsterish.  Fifty plus and my youngest is in her senior year of high school. We are going to tour a university next weekend.  Wow, in less than 9 months she will be gone. 

I am apartment shopping for something smaller. 

I haven't had a New Year's out since 12/31/99  and I haven't missed it.  I usually cook myself a prime rib steak, baked potato and a good bottle of wine.  Maybe a package of brownies and sleep late. 

This thread makes me think of a Spinster's Party for this year, I have several single friends, we could slumber party somewhere.

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 11:46:47 AM »
The Most Boring Person Alive requests an invitation.

At least my art is okay.  :P

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 11:49:29 AM »
The Most Boring Person Alive requests an invitation.

At least my art is okay.  :P

If your art is only OK, mine scars people for life.  :P
The status is not quo!

Petticoats

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 01:13:54 PM »

Oh, ouch! Having something like that come at you when you'd forgotten all about it can't be pleasant.

If it helps... I'm writing a young adult romance, and for the main character's love life I'm naturally drawing a lot on my own experience of being in love... from almost 20 years ago. Yep, it's been that long since I've been in a romantic relationship, and I'm having to draw on my feelings about this guy who turned out to be a real flake and broke my heart.

Naturally, I'm drawing a lot on my imagination too, of course. But sometimes I'll think, where did that gesture (idea, exchange) come from? And remember. :(

I really would like to be in another relationship so that flake won't be "the only" [so many things in my life]. He doesn't deserve such status.