Author Topic: Spinsters' Club Support Thread  (Read 88421 times)

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
Re: Spinsters' Club Support Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 06:51:07 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then the ex boyfriend calls. *sigh* Once again, he thinks I need to give him just one more chance. Of course he calls me today, when I got that "congrats on your wedding" e-mail after spending Sunday at my cousin's bridal shower. Which of course makes me wonder if he's my only chance....

Spoder, where on earth are those cookies?! I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed them.
The status is not quo!

pinkyblue

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 11:08:26 PM »
Wonder, that's truly awful timing.  Sorry!  While you're waiting for Spoder's cookies, can I offer you some snickerdoodles to tide you over? 

Spoder

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 11:30:47 PM »
*skids in breathlessly with heaping platter of fragrant warm cookies and tall, sweaty glass of ice-cold milk*

Sorry I'm late, had to come from Western Australia and was asleep 'cause of the time difference!  :D

*force-feeds cookies to Wonder*

I think you should *ignore him*, for what that's worth! After I left my ex-BF, he spent years (literally) trying to convince me I'd done the wrong thing. I hadn't, and although I was tempted a few times, I never went back. And even though I'm still single 6 years later, I am SO glad I never wavered.

Stick to your guns.

:-*

buvezdevin

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2011, 12:54:01 AM »
*mentally willing cookies and goodness to Wonderflonium and any other takers, and waving a Skinny Cow frozen dessert over the screen 'cause that's all I actually have at hand, but gosh darn it, something must get through*

I can't say enough the following, which we all know, but sometimes need to remember:  being part of a couple is good *if*:

1. Both parties are happy together and share an understanding of what the relationship is, what it is worth, and how to keep the relationship worthwhile (wobbles may happen, but the general understanding is key); or
2. I can't think of another reason

I send support, cookies, and the hope that any relationship you choose to pursue is because the person shows possibility of being a partner you *want*.  While I understand the temporary appeal of being pursued, aim for what *you* want, which is probably not so much to no longer be a "spinster" but to be appreciated for who and what you are.
Never refuse to do a kindness unless the act would work great injury to yourself, and never refuse to take a drink -- under any circumstances.
Mark Twain

Spoder

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2011, 01:08:01 AM »
^ I agree with you, buvezdevin, one thousand times over!

workingmum

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2011, 07:23:16 AM »
Sorry to hijack your thread Wonderflonium.. i have had a date organised for the last week with someone who is 14 years older than me, thinking he would be over the juvenile crap.. he messages me tonight 45 mins before we are due to meet saying his 15 year old is sick and he needs to stay home with him, fair enough.. til he then send me a message saying that he's going to bed cause he's exhausted but thankful that his ex wife came over and watched a movie and helped out with the 15 year old.... I feel like crap now - I know his kid was sick, but c'mon.. he's 15 and was supposed to spend the weekend with his mother anyway. Just have the balls to tell me the truth!
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2011, 08:32:15 AM »
workingmum, that bites. It also supports my theory that they are all boys.  :P

Thanks everyone for the support. The ex is saying everything he should have been saying for years and offering to do everything he should have been offering before, so it's frustrating as crap. I'm trying to stay strong, though!
The status is not quo!

Petticoats

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2011, 09:36:31 AM »

Thanks everyone for the support. The ex is saying everything he should have been saying for years and offering to do everything he should have been offering before, so it's frustrating as crap. I'm trying to stay strong, though!

(((Wonderflonium)))

I have no advice, but plenty of sympathy. Only you can judge whether he's worthy of you. Be true to what's right for you.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2011, 01:57:46 PM »
I will leave you with my stock phrase - and mind you, I'm 45

"Boys are dumb"

random numbers

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2011, 04:16:46 PM »
I think I said that three times in one hour the other night when I was out with my almost-divorced friend. I, myself, am late thirties, single, and apparently only attractive to guys that won't commit or are already committed (married).

DuBois

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2011, 04:22:23 PM »

Do you think it's a case of he wants you now he can't have you, or do you think that there is a possibility he has changed? People do grow up (especially guys ;)

Larrabee

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 04:30:38 PM »
Hello fellow spinsters!

If you care to join me, I have been boycotting new year's eve since 2005.  I find it to be the most contrived, ridiculously expensive, high pressure 'special occasion' on the calendar.  The huuuuge anticipation, the pressure that this must be the best.wildest.biggest.night.of.the.year, the price hikes, the vomit on the pavements, the screeching, the awkward conversations with friends of friends you don't know or care to know, and then the moment arrives, the clock strikes midnight and..... nothing changes.

I want no part of it, I either work a night shift or stay home and go to bed at 11 with a good DVD, usually sci fi.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2011, 04:46:10 PM »
Let's not even start on Valentine's Day.   >:(

Larrabee

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 04:51:23 PM »
Let's not even start on Valentine's Day.   >:(

Valentine's Day?  What's that? Nope, never heard of it, must not exist therefore can be safely ignored.   ;)

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 06:17:03 PM »
The only thing I like about Valentine's Day is that my daddy gives me a giant Hershey's kiss every year.  ;D

Do you think it's a case of he wants you now he can't have you, or do you think that there is a possibility he has changed? People do grow up (especially guys ;)

He's promised change so many times over the last jillion years that I don't think he even knows what he's saying anymore.
The status is not quo!