Author Topic: Spinsters' Club Support Thread  (Read 95153 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Re: Spinsters' Club Support Thread
« Reply #690 on: February 15, 2013, 02:01:52 PM »
I did check one Duane Reade on the way back from breakfast and they had almost nothing.  They don't stock as much holiday candy as other drug store chains.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #691 on: February 15, 2013, 02:42:53 PM »
Aren't the black and white episode of WD just great?

Reader

« Reply #692 on: June 04, 2013, 01:07:02 PM »
Checking in on all my fellow spinsters.  I'm still out on the ledge, there are a couple of interests, but I don't think they have much chance of staying power.  One is very religious, while I'm not and is about a month post break up with his out of state girlfriend, and the other I have hanged out with 4 times with him not evening make the move to kiss me.  And these were preceded by a quite a few men messging me just to play scrabble, or men that were way too old for me to date.  While my friends (who I love, I was in their wedding) just celebrated 8 years together today and the birth of their 3rd child a few months back  :'(

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #693 on: June 04, 2013, 01:12:13 PM »
No prospects what-so-ever for me.  I've been doing the eHarmony free weekends but haven't gotten any responses back.  I am playing softball twice a week and having a lot of fun with my teammates but none of them are prospects.  Some of them are young enough that I'm tempted to ask them if their Dad's are single.   ;D

I turn 45 tomorrow.  When the eHell did that happen?!?!?
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

NyaChan

« Reply #694 on: June 04, 2013, 01:15:39 PM »
I have one early prospect - my mom is really really pushing him.  It is the son of one of her friends, someone we've known for almost 20 years now, though I've never actually spoken to the son before.  Kind of uncomfortable, but I'm trying to remain optimistic!

Petticoats

« Reply #695 on: June 04, 2013, 01:20:40 PM »
I've been kind of ledge-adjacent myself lately. Not feeling as bad as sometimes, but definitely wistful, not to mention pessimistic. I've thought about returning to eHarmony or Match.com, but can't work up any enthusiasm considering the lack of results from previous times. <sigh>

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #696 on: June 04, 2013, 01:30:04 PM »
I wish you all the best of luck.

I'm outta the game.  :)

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #697 on: June 04, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »
I wish you all the best of luck.

I'm outta the game.  :)

Me too, Lorelei_Evil.   I gave up years ago.  There's nobody out there for me. 

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #698 on: June 04, 2013, 01:52:51 PM »
Thinking same.  I have enough to contend with in my life.  :)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #699 on: June 04, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »
I'm looking at 40 this weekend.

Bah.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #700 on: June 04, 2013, 02:11:36 PM »
Thinking same.  I have enough to contend with in my life.  :)

The final straw was when I gathered up my courage to be a 'modern woman' and asked a guy if he wanted to come to a reading with me.
He brought a date.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #701 on: June 04, 2013, 02:13:23 PM »
Ouch!

The end of the road for me was when I realized that the only interest I was getting was from married guys looking for a mistress OR divorced guys wanting me to raise their children.

I retired.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #702 on: June 04, 2013, 02:14:07 PM »
Winterlight, we should get together and celebrate our birthdays.  I have all the makings for mojitos, including the fresh mint in my garden!  Anyone else want to come?   :D
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #703 on: June 04, 2013, 03:15:57 PM »
Ouch!

The end of the road for me was when I realized that the only interest I was getting was from married guys looking for a mistress OR divorced guys wanting me to raise their children.

I retired.

I refer to myself as the 'unhappily married man magnet" I seem to ONLY attract those who are married, but not happy and perhaps looking for some scrabble or something on the side. Um no. not happening.

I'm 47, have two jobs and very little free time. Most of the time, I'm happy. I joked at my recent 25th college reunion I'd love to get married if I didn't have to LIVE with my husband. And I was half serious! I'm so used to just me and set in my ways, it would be tough, but if mr. right comes along, fabulous, if not, so be it.

greencat

« Reply #704 on: June 04, 2013, 07:12:39 PM »
I gave up on dating.  I might try again later this year, but for now, I'm happy being single.