Author Topic: Spinsters' Club Support Thread  (Read 88431 times)

Reader

Re: Spinsters' Club Support Thread
« Reply #750 on: October 02, 2013, 02:38:51 PM »
Sounds good to me :)

Petticoats

« Reply #751 on: October 02, 2013, 02:47:03 PM »
Reader, I'm so sorry, that's rotten. (((hugs)))

I could use the support of my sistren too. No particular incident, just still painfully dateless. I'm going to an awards banquet on Saturday and won't have anyone to sit with since the friends I'd counted on seeing won't be there. I have a fabulous new dress and lovely new shoes for the occasion, and no one to wolf-whistle at me... unless I return to my local CVS, where the possibly drunken panhandler may have more compliments for me. How bad is this: the last time he commented appreciatively on me, I didn't even get offended. I just giggled foolishly. That is how starved I am for male validation, apparently.

It ain't pretty.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #752 on: October 03, 2013, 10:39:35 PM »
Went to a meetup last week and got home to find a message on my profile from a male attendee who didn't even speak to me at that event.  He had joined less than two weeks previously and is probably new to the city, but this creeped me out.

Teenyweeny

« Reply #753 on: October 04, 2013, 05:08:42 AM »
Went to a meetup last week and got home to find a message on my profile from a male attendee who didn't even speak to me at that event.  He had joined less than two weeks previously and is probably new to the city, but this creeped me out.

I get that from time to time. The last one was some dude telling me that I 'look exactly like Scarlett Johansson'. Well, we're both white female in our late 20s. Otherwise, no. Jog on mate, jog on.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #754 on: October 04, 2013, 10:46:37 AM »

I wouldn't necessarily find it creepy. He could be shy enough that he prefers writing to speaking to new people. However, if you're getting "that vibe" from the whole situation, listen to it.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

diesel_darlin

« Reply #755 on: October 17, 2013, 08:11:29 PM »
Well, I got my divorce papers in the mail yesterday! Spinsterhood here I come!

Petticoats

« Reply #756 on: October 18, 2013, 10:09:37 AM »

<in eerie voice> Join ussss!

Still dateless over here. I'm doing NaNo this year, and one guy on the boards said he met his wife through NaNo, so there's even more temptation for me to noodle around on the boards instead of actually outlining my novel or doing my other chores, like job hunting. I guess my best chance at this point is finding a new job that throws me into the company of a dateable pool of acquaintance.

Reader

« Reply #757 on: October 18, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »
And the kick in the guts this week.  Guy I asked out weeks ago, that had no feelings for me texted me 2 nights ago.  Started off innocently asking what was going on this weekend, as in "You always seem to be in the know" (I read 3 local free papers that can be picked up at lots of locations, use facebook to following venues, etc.).  Since we are staying friends, I originally took it as a compliment, until instinct made me ask if he had nothing to do (was planning on inviting him to a few events that my friends and I are going to) or if was for date ideas.  It was for date ideas :(.  My recourse was then to say then I charge $20 an hour for research.  His reply, he'll do his own research.  >:D

This was after a potential date (I thought) had messaged me through the dating site.  When I got his response he was only seeking a NSA/FWB type thing.  Which I am not seeking at all.  Bleh

Petticoats

« Reply #758 on: October 18, 2013, 04:54:16 PM »
And the kick in the guts this week.  Guy I asked out weeks ago, that had no feelings for me texted me 2 nights ago.  Started off innocently asking what was going on this weekend, as in "You always seem to be in the know" (I read 3 local free papers that can be picked up at lots of locations, use facebook to following venues, etc.).  Since we are staying friends, I originally took it as a compliment, until instinct made me ask if he had nothing to do (was planning on inviting him to a few events that my friends and I are going to) or if was for date ideas.  It was for date ideas :(.  My recourse was then to say then I charge $20 an hour for research.  His reply, he'll do his own research.  >:D

This was after a potential date (I thought) had messaged me through the dating site.  When I got his response he was only seeking a NSA/FWB type thing.  Which I am not seeking at all.  Bleh

Oh, man. Talk about a one-two punch. I'm so sorry, Reader.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #759 on: October 19, 2013, 10:41:47 AM »

We have cookies! And good booze. :)

And ouch, Reader. What a jerk.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:43:24 AM by Winterlight »
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

diesel_darlin

« Reply #760 on: October 19, 2013, 08:57:35 PM »
Reader, he stinks.  >:(

Pass the booze please  ;D

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #761 on: October 19, 2013, 09:17:08 PM »
Tonight I'm serving spiked apple cider- rum or calvados?
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #762 on: October 19, 2013, 09:57:58 PM »
Tonight I'm serving spiked apple cider- rum or calvados?

Ooh, normally I'd say rum but I've never tried calvados.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #763 on: October 19, 2013, 10:21:16 PM »
I have decorated gingerbread cookies.  They are left over from a potluck last night.  There are maple leaves, oak leaves, pumpkins, moose and the gingerbread men, decorated in hunter orange.

Reader, maybe it would help if you bit the head off one of the hunters?   ;D

I've already had my rum special for the evening but would anyone else like one?
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

greencat

« Reply #764 on: October 19, 2013, 10:28:09 PM »
While, on some level, I want to start dating again, because I do enjoy having a special someone, I've come to the conclusion that I have enjoyed being mostly-single for the past three years a great deal more than I enjoyed being mostly-in-relationships for the six before that.  I'm not sure I want to give up the freedoms of singlehood for the promise of stability a relationship offers, and I definitely don't feel like dealing with the turbulence of trying to find a suitable partner right now.