Author Topic: Spinsters' Club Support Thread  (Read 88019 times)

kajunchick

Re: Spinsters' Club Support Thread
« Reply #825 on: December 29, 2013, 10:49:45 AM »
I've been reading this thread but never posted, I guess. I am a single mom with three kiddos (my younger two are adopted), and I'm coming up on the fifteenth anniversary of my divorce. This is not exactly how I pictured my life would be.

I stay pretty busy most of the time, not dating and I'm okay with that, but when it hits, it hits hard. I was caught off-guard this Christmas, looking up ideas for family portraits on pinterest, when I noticed that all the pictures had something in common. A dad. I just started sobbing, and I had to call my best friend to vent.

She's awesome, though, and I love her support. She offers me her husband for snake killing and taking my son fishing. :)

I am reading a really good book called My Single Mom Life by Angela Thomas, and I guess that's what got me thinking of all these things. It's from a Christian perspective, so if you're of that persuasion, I highly recommend it. Anyway, that's my holiday rant. Not on the ledge, but I creep out every now and then. :) May all of you have a very happy new year!
Everybody in this family needs to just calm down and eat some fruit or something.

greencat

« Reply #826 on: December 29, 2013, 12:18:29 PM »
I'm back in the club myself, just in time for the holidays!  :-[  The guy I'd been seeing turned out to be a flaky...well, I can't call him the rest of the words I usually use for him here on ehell.  He did not pass my 6-week test.  Guys who are not actually nice guys can't usually maintain that front of being a nice guy for more than 4 or 5 weeks, thus my 6-week evaluation period.

I'm still trying to meet new people though.  Meetup groups are amazing in my area.

Petticoats

« Reply #827 on: December 29, 2013, 08:02:27 PM »
I'm hoping that in 2014 I'll work up the courage and follow-through to try some meet-up groups and/or online dating again. I'm losing some weight and feeling better about how I look, which should help. And if this new job comes through (pleaseohplease) I'll be in a different social circle and may possibly meet someone new that way--even though the workplace seems very estrogen-centric, like my current (soon to be past) one, you never know when someone will think you're a great match for a guy friend...

At this point, it's literally been half my life ago that I was with someone, and that's just ridiculous. I don't want my last relationship to keep on receding farther into the rear-view mirror without anything new to succeed it.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #828 on: January 03, 2014, 02:07:19 PM »
I need a man, dagnabbit.

No, not for any of the usual reasons one might need a man.

Because of the extreme cold, I'm getting some dry, itchy skin on my shoulder blades.  That I can't reach on my own to apply lotion!

I have a massage appointment scheduled for Tuesday.  I may take a bottle of my moisturizer with me and ask her to give me a good coat down at the end of the appointment.  (I don't find the lotion they use for lubrication very nourishing.)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #829 on: January 04, 2014, 09:39:56 PM »
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #830 on: January 04, 2014, 10:01:18 PM »
I'll have to see if I can find something like that up here.  I was wondering if there would be something like that available.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #831 on: January 05, 2014, 02:25:41 PM »
I can't link, but Google "Reachmate lotion applicator" I have the same issue and it's fabulous! Comes in several lengths and pads are remove able and washable. They fond bend as shown, but work like a charm

diesel_darlin

« Reply #832 on: January 17, 2014, 06:04:05 PM »
I am officially divorced.  :)

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #833 on: January 17, 2014, 07:16:44 PM »
I am officially divorced.  :)

<Passes the virtual champers!>

Welcome to the club!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #834 on: January 17, 2014, 07:56:24 PM »
I can offer a rum special - I'm enjoying one right now so at least then I could say I have company, even if it is virtual.   ;D
Ontario

diesel_darlin

« Reply #835 on: January 17, 2014, 09:44:59 PM »
Yum! Fizzy and strong too! Thanks!  8)

Stormtreader

« Reply #836 on: January 30, 2014, 05:20:20 AM »
Well im back here again, just in time for valentines day on my own again  :(

Turns out when he sat me down at the end of our third date and said "so, do you want to date?" what he actually meant was "do you want to be friends with benefits?". He "meant to say something last week but didnt get around to it" and this only came out when I asked if we were doing anything for valentines day.  >:(

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #837 on: January 30, 2014, 08:39:08 AM »
What a creep!  I call BS on "meant to say something last week" too. 

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #838 on: January 30, 2014, 09:42:42 AM »
Well, bless his heart. Can't imagine why you split. /eyeroll
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #839 on: May 19, 2014, 12:43:18 PM »
I had a long post typed but realized it was TMI.

The short version is that I seem to have been implanted with the mind and hormones of an 18 year old boy.  I think it is because of impending menopause.

I so wish I could handle casual right now...
Ontario