Author Topic: Every day, around 5AM...  (Read 6054 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Every day, around 5AM...
« on: November 10, 2011, 06:11:14 AM »
I notice that every day around 5am I cannot access this forum.  I've had intermittent problems ever since the last change or update and posted about it before.  Now, I note that it seems to be regularly around the same time every morning...say from 4AM to 6AM or thereabouts.  I know it isn't my computer being busy doing other stuff because I can get into other forums, and have no problem with any other functions or sites.   
It's pretty frustrating and as far as I can see from responses on the other thread, there is no logical reason for it.  I don't think I am the only one having this problem, either.  It would be nice if it could be resolved.  It does seem directly related to the big change that was made a couple of months ago.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Amalthea

Re: Every day, around 5AM...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 07:29:33 AM »
It happens to me too, so you're definitely not alone.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 07:30:20 AM »
I think it's regular forum maintenance.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 10:22:46 AM »
My trouble getting on has been since before the changes. It happens about 7:30 AM, then noon, then about 6:30 PM.

I always assumed that more people are using the forum at these times. When we first got the internet, it was through the school system and it was especially slow during the lunch hour and right after school when the kids were using the school computers the most. (Dialup in the mid 90's)

Nibsey

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 12:20:40 PM »
I think it's regular forum maintenance.

Yeah this happens to me too between 1pm and 2pm (GMT), so my lunchtime and I have always assumed it was forum maintenance. Especially as it seems to be the same time every day.
“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”- Douglas Adams
Éire (Ireland)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 03:09:23 PM »
I was online this morning then at 4:52 I tried to post a reply to something and it was no go.  I went out and then back in and I couldn't even get on the site.  If it is maintenence I'd like to know so I would understand why it is happening. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 03:45:18 PM »
I'd love to know too.  If it's a set standard time then I could make a note to check ehell again in X hours or whatever.  I notice it early afternoon (EST) for me, but I'm not sure how long it normally lasts.

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 04:19:26 PM »
I am still having this problem - usually around 7-8am EST - I can't access the forum for a time.

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

SiotehCat

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 04:21:35 PM »
I also have this problem between 6:30-7:30 in the morning. I don't know how long it lasts, because I usually give up and go to work.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 04:28:05 PM »
However, it does help me structure my day. I don't bother to get up until about 8:30 now because I know it's not worth trying to get on eHell.

Gee, that sounds snarky to whomever is in charge of the website. I'm just being silly, honest!

Weez

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »
Where's the lightbulb icon when you need it?!  I've noticed issues with access around 1-2pm (GMT).  It's only ever E-hell that I can't access then, but forum maintenance would make perfect sense!

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 11:04:56 PM »
I think mentioning your time zone would be very helpful in this thread.

Iris

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 04:32:07 AM »
Mine is usually around 9pm Australian EST, with leeway of an hour either way. It is often around that time that I can access the main site's post for the next day so I assumed it was a maintenance thing as well.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

WestAussieGirl

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 06:53:40 AM »
There was a other thread on this recently.  In that one the Dame said:

If it happens in the middle of the night, 3am EST, it's the server database getting backed up.    If it happens  in the early morning, about 8:30 am EST, it's just that everyone is waking up, getting to work, firing up their computers and logging into Ehell all at the same time.

For me it is around 8pm my time.

Redsoil

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 06:56:37 AM »
For me, it's various times, but generally at night.  Anywhere from 9pm through to 2 am.
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!