Author Topic: Picking your committments  (Read 3165 times)

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
Re: Picking your committments
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 02:35:36 PM »
You don't seriously for a minute think Kim makes these calls herself do you?  Her agent, or more likely her agent's administrative assistant, makes the calls/send the emails.  She might on occasion buy something like a plane ticket herself but she no doubt doesn't even have the contact information for the sponsors at the race track (the appearance was for an advertiser, not for the track/races themselves).  And given the massive time difference between Australia and the US (where Kim's staff probably was located) I think a few hours to communicate a change is reasonable.

I'm not defending KK here, honest, I feel like there are many legitimate things to think she does that are not tactful, but this is not necessarily one of them.  She cancelled an appearance.  Its unfortunate it was picked up by the media before 'she' (meaning her or her staff) could contact the appearance people, but if you google for the story, 'she' did in fact send an email Thursday (her appearance was scheduled for Saturday) - she didn't just no show, relying on the media to inform her employers.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 06:20:53 PM »
I also wonder if they can spin the situation to benefit themselves financially even if she doesn't show up - getting left in the lurch be KK might still be a marketing opportunity.  Of course, that doesn't jake it OK but it might make it a unique situation.

Spoder

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 06:45:16 PM »
You don't seriously for a minute think Kim makes these calls herself do you?  Her agent, or more likely her agent's administrative assistant, makes the calls/send the emails.  She might on occasion buy something like a plane ticket herself but she no doubt doesn't even have the contact information for the sponsors at the race track (the appearance was for an advertiser, not for the track/races themselves).  And given the massive time difference between Australia and the US (where Kim's staff probably was located) I think a few hours to communicate a change is reasonable.

I'm not defending KK here, honest, I feel like there are many legitimate things to think she does that are not tactful, but this is not necessarily one of them.  She cancelled an appearance.  Its unfortunate it was picked up by the media before 'she' (meaning her or her staff) could contact the appearance people, but if you google for the story, 'she' did in fact send an email Thursday (her appearance was scheduled for Saturday) - she didn't just no show, relying on the media to inform her employers.

LOL - of course I don't think she makes the calls herself, I'm not a complete idiot! Okay, my understanding is that she was already *in* Australia, in which case she'd have staff with her, right? Because I also don't think she travels across the world and then cruises around by herself, making all her arrangements through her US staff. So why would she not instruct her local representative to pick up the phone as soon as she decided she was leaving the country?

That's all I've got, and it may be based on some misunderstanding of the situation (as far as who was where, when, with whom), but that's my general take on someone reneging on their commitments. I don't care enough about Kim herself to bother googling her, so I'll leave it at that.