Author Topic: Rude to not immediately disclose new BF? [Updates 16,34]  (Read 16587 times)

Cz. Burrito

Re: Rude to not immediately disclose new BF? [Updates 16,38]
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2012, 10:07:56 AM »
Achievement Last Straw, unlocked.

Former Friend posted a diatribe to this group yesterday, which my boyfriend screencapped and sent to me.  He is so far beyond logic that not even a devil's advocate would be able to justify his thought process.  I hesitate to post any of it because I don't want it indexed by search engines.  It's about me, but doesn't call me by name, instead referring to a "Bad Actor," who he calls a sadistic misanthrope.  He goes on to say that he tried to save his good friend from the Bad Actor, but was too late, for the Bad Actor already has him in her crosshairs.  The whole thing is 11 paragraphs long. 

squashedfrog

« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2012, 10:16:11 AM »
Has he mentioned your BF by name CzarinaBurrito?  I think your BF really needs to kick him very publicly to the kerb, he is now insulting you in front of everyone.

Steve

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2012, 10:20:31 AM »
Are you sure it is about you?

Cz. Burrito

« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2012, 10:22:17 AM »
He has not mentioned my boyfriend by name.  It's ridiculous.  He accuses the "Bad Actor" of being passive-aggressive, yet goes on to post a diatribe about specific people and specific situations that he won't name.  It is still not clear where I wronged him, but apparently he now sees through the "Bad Actor's" facade.

I am positive it is about me.  The details (or, at least, his interpretation of the details) match up too closely. 

ilrag

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2012, 10:30:33 AM »
Wow, what does your guy think of it?

Cz. Burrito

« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2012, 10:34:30 AM »

He thinks it's so far off the deep end as to be funny.  He also thinks he is done with this guy.

ilrag

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2012, 10:52:38 AM »
That's a bummer. It's one thing to have a friend with strong views that oppose what you're doing. It's another when they aggressively insult your choices. 

still in va

• used to be gjcva1
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2012, 11:00:38 AM »

He thinks it's so far off the deep end as to be funny.  He also thinks he is done with this guy.

oooooh, i wonder how many paragraphs he's gonna write when BF tells him that he's done? 

TheVapors

• Oh my! I should lay down...
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2012, 11:02:38 AM »
Oh my goodness...

I've been reading along with this thread, though hadn't posted.

I hope that your boyfriend very specifically tells this "friend" how inappropriate his rant was, how off the wall it was, and then that due to his behavior he's now got one less friend to worry about.

He probably thought he was being sooooo clever, and that your boyfriend would read it and suddenly *gasp* wise up!

And I'm with Still In Va. How long is his rant gonna be when he's cut off completely? lol

still in va

• used to be gjcva1
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2012, 11:26:13 AM »
Oh my goodness...

I hope that your boyfriend very specifically tells this "friend" how inappropriate his rant was, how off the wall it was, and then that due to his behavior he's now got one less friend to worry about.

He probably thought he was being sooooo clever, and that your boyfriend would read it and suddenly *gasp* wise up!

And I'm with Still In Va. How long is his rant gonna be when he's cut off completely? lol

oh goody!  drag your fainting couch right over here to the cynical corner with me.  i'll bring the snacks!   8)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2012, 12:27:48 PM »
So, this guy was a friend of yours for a decade (as per OP), and didn't realize you were Evil Incarnate until you - oh, the horror! - started dating a friend of his?

Seriously weird.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

TheVapors

• Oh my! I should lay down...
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »
Oh my goodness...

oh goody!  drag your fainting couch right over here to the cynical corner with me.  i'll bring the snacks!   8)

It's on wheels! I'll push it on over ;)

Cz. Burrito

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2012, 02:02:52 PM »
So, this guy was a friend of yours for a decade (as per OP), and didn't realize you were Evil Incarnate until you - oh, the horror! - started dating a friend of his?

Seriously weird.

Yes.  As much as he keeps trying to rationalize this all in his head... he was totally fine with me until I started dating a mutual friend.

JoyinVirginia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2012, 03:29:36 PM »
What will probably be the most annoying response to this is... Nothing. He may be expecting bf to suddenly  see the light. If bf instead just blocks him and ends communication, that will rob him of the chance to have the last word.

squashedfrog

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:26 AM »
He has not mentioned my boyfriend by name.  It's ridiculous.  He accuses the "Bad Actor" of being passive-aggressive, yet goes on to post a diatribe about specific people and specific situations that he won't name.  It is still not clear where I wronged him, but apparently he now sees through the "Bad Actor's" facade.

I am positive it is about me.  The details (or, at least, his interpretation of the details) match up too closely.

Its really time for you BF to say something out loud.  This sucks.

BTW, I find it interesting that he is finding the most passive-agressive way imaginable to accuse someone-else of being passive-agressive.