News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 21, 2017, 08:17:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What a weird couple of days...  (Read 1475 times)

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
What a weird couple of days...
« on: November 17, 2011, 07:36:50 PM »
The last couple of days have been such a rollercoaster! I don't know if this belongs in "I need a Hug" or "Good News!" so I just put it here.

Bad: Laid off a few months ago, so had to cash in a life insurance policy to pay off some bills and have a little bit of $ for Christmas.  :(

Good: I received more than double the amount I was expecting. :D

Bad: My unemployment benefits ran out this week.  :(

Good: I was granted an extension of my unemployment benefits. :)

Bad: I was having trouble with the brakes on my car.  :(

Good: The mechanic replaced the brake pads and said they were still under warranty, so no charge! ;D

Bad: Replacing the brake pads did not correct the problem. Ultimately had to take it to another mechanic  ::)

Good: Yesterday I paid off the credit card 100% and paid some other bills ahead, with a little left over for the holidays. :D

Good: DH has use-or-lose leave time, so he took off early yesterday and took me out to lunch. :D

Bad: During lunch, the mechanic called & explained that he found the problem, but it would cost almost $800 to fix. :o

Bad: Also during lunch, I broke a tooth (ouch). I do not have insurance since losing my job. The dentist could not squeeze me in yesterday, so had to wait until this am to get seen.  :'(

Good: Car is fixed and seems to be running fine now. :)

Bad: Tooth could have been saved, but would have cost about $2,000! I just told him to pull it and be done with it. That cost $145. So much for the paid off CC, between the car and the tooth! :(

Good: After we got home yesterday, DH checked his work email. He has been offered an interview for a position he really, really wants in another department! ;D

All of these events have taken place in the past two days...we don't know whether to be happy or sad! We are too old for so much drama in such a short period of time! :P

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
Re: What a weird couple of days...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 07:56:18 PM »
Roller coasters and curveballs happen. May your husband get the job- and may your car and teeth be fixed promptly.
I have pet mice!

still in va

• used to be gjcva1
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 08:11:27 PM »
SamiHami, sounds like a crazy couple of days!  i hope soon that the good will outweigh the bad.  until that happens, hang in there!

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 07:42:46 AM »
That's a crazy two days!! It always seems like when I get a little extra money the car needs it. How do they know exactly when to need the mechanic?!
Lots of good wishes for your DH.

Petticoats

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 07:46:42 AM »
What a rollercoaster! It sounds like the good has the edge, though. :) Best of luck to your husband at the interview.