Author Topic: White Elephant Gag gift suggestion?  (Read 6732 times)

RobinJ

White Elephant Gag gift suggestion?
« on: November 21, 2011, 09:37:22 PM »
DH & I have been invited to a Christmas party in two weeks and need to take gag gifts for a White Elephant exchange.  And I am drawing a blank....

Suggestions?

Aggiesque

Re: White Elephant Gag gift suggestion?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 09:41:25 PM »
snuggie. extra points if there is a common alma mater at his workplace and he finds one with that logo.
Aggie

My favorite blog, which discusses personal finance: http://www.opinmoney.blogspot.com/

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 09:50:50 PM »
Really, anything from the "As Seen on TV" rack is a good bet.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
Actually, I like a lot of stuff from "as seen on TV" except the pajama jeans which makes me laugh, so that gets my vote.

JoyinVirginia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 01:34:41 AM »
Go to the dollar store and get a bunch of tacky christmas decorations and put in gift bag. Bonus points for something that sings. Like animated hamster that sings and dances too! Or get gaudiest holiday sweater you can find. Or a cd with funny holiday classics like "grandma got run over by a reindeer" my favorite! I am curious to see what other suggestions you get.

Arrynne

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 02:09:49 AM »
At my workplace, there is a Milli Vanilli CD that we trade at the white elephant each year. We take special care to wrap it so it isn't obviously a CD.  Maybe start your own tradition of passing around a dated one-hit wonder? 

If not, soap in a rope is always funny 

pearls n purls

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 03:10:05 AM »
Check out Archie McPhee's website.  Bacon toothpaste?  Librarian action figure?  Wasabi lip balm?  They have it all.

crella

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 03:36:00 AM »
Hee,hee, an umbrella hat!

http://www.umbrellahat.net/

JoyinVirginia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 06:36:58 AM »
Thinkgeek.com has lots oof bacon everything!  And lots of other geek gift ideas, some really funny!

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 07:42:10 AM »
Hee,hee, an umbrella hat!

http://www.umbrellahat.net/
My friend had one of those.  I thought it was pretty neat.  Too bad they seem so silly because, you know, they make a lot of sense.  Unless the wind kicks up.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

doodlemor

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 09:42:35 AM »
If your crowd enjoys the risque you could get a *willie warmer* on ebay.  [I apologize, mods, if that word is not allowed.]

EmsMommy

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 09:43:44 AM »
Hope that they have a dog & get a dog Snuggie?   >:D

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 11:01:49 AM »
Librarian action figure! Excuse ME!  I received one of those (with amazing shushing action) when I was granted my MLS.  It's a fun thing to have.  No insult was meant and none was taken.  In fact, librarians rather prize these dolls.   

Archie McPhee is a great place to find weird and wonderful things.  In an office situation, you might to take a look at Despair.com.  They have hilarious items.  Mr. Thipu swears by ThinkGeek.com for fun stuff.  What they offer may sound off the wall but they all serve a useful purpose. 

Sterling

• Oh Stupid Me- Blogs about Things That Drive Me Crazy
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 11:33:22 AM »
Is there a popluar sports team that everyone is a fan of but you guys prefer someone else?

My whole family supports Alabama or Florida while I graduated and work at the Univeristy of Arkansas.  Last year I found a 6 inch Razorback lawn gnome at a Big Lots for $5 and gave it as a gift.  It was pretty funny when my brother who thinks the Gator hung the moon ended up with it.  I also gave a Hog Snout to my Ohio fan friend for the bowl game last year  >:D

Of course this only works if you really get into sports.
93 93/93

kudeebee

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 11:54:39 AM »
I usually look around the house or in the garage sale boxes and find something to take.  Old picture frame, scarf I don't want, gift I was given but won't use, etc.