Author Topic: White Elephant Gag gift suggestion?  (Read 5869 times)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 10:24:07 AM by Ms_Cellany »
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

redsfan

Re: White Elephant Gag gift suggestion?
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 01:23:59 AM »
Spam.  The cookbook, a can, and possibly a lei to go with the Hawaiian theme of the book.

http://www.spam.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?Product=%7B17081965-953D-4DF6-A5D5-4300F6219C7B%7D

Lynda_34

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 06:05:18 AM »
Hee,hee, an umbrella hat!

http://www.umbrellahat.net/

I love that thing  :D and used it camping for years.  When it was raining,  ::)I could be outside cooking over the fire ;) my glasses didn't get raindrops on them and my hair stayed dry.  I'll be at your party. ;D

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 10:27:07 AM »
Archie McPhee, under its "Accoutrements" line, sells prank gift boxes of things you would not want to actually receive (the box is printed as if it contains the actual product, but is empty).

And for your White Elephant shopping convenience, the Accoutrements White Elephant shopping section and the Archie McPhee web site
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 10:32:19 AM »
Solar-powered waving Queen Elizabeth figure:

That's hysterical.

A magic 8-Ball made the rounds at my office for a number of years.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 10:33:54 AM »
Solar-powered waving Queen Elizabeth figure:

That's hysterical.

A magic 8-Ball made the rounds at my office for a number of years.

We had a hat contest the day of the William/Kate wedding. The solar queen was one of the prizes. Someone else bought one for herself, she loved it so much. The ambient office light is enough to power it.

Nice Gal

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »
The Shake Weight was a hilarious gift at a party we went to last year. Everyone wanted that thing!

gingerzing

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 10:35:54 AM »
Depends on the group.  I have a olive oil bottle in the shape of the Eifle Tower that is just waiting for a White Elephant party. 
One group that we use to do WE parties with had two gifts that seemed to always reappear.  A Giant Pink Flamingo and this really horrid bowl with cermanic flowers and leaves. 

Second anything that sings.  I once gave my granddad a little grill that had a roasted chicken that stood up and sang "Hot Hot Hot" which he loved.  (Mom yelled at me later for giving him the annoying gift that he kept playing with.   ;D)

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »
I've always liked the Finger Nose hair Trimmer
http://www.baronbob.com/fingerhairnosetrimmer.htm

If its a gag gift but you want people to actually use it, people tend to actually like the giant universal remote:
http://www.amazon.com/ila-Giant-Universal-Remote/dp/B003CSXQLW

EmsMommy

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 12:09:29 PM »
Pink yard flamingo.  Bonus points if you wrap the body closely with wrapping paper so you can tell exactly what it is & leave the legs sticking out.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 01:13:23 PM »
Is there a popluar sports team that everyone is a fan of but you guys prefer someone else?

My whole family supports Alabama or Florida while I graduated and work at the Univeristy of Arkansas.  Last year I found a 6 inch Razorback lawn gnome at a Big Lots for $5 and gave it as a gift.  It was pretty funny when my brother who thinks the Gator hung the moon ended up with it.  I also gave a Hog Snout to my Ohio fan friend for the bowl game last year  >:D

Of course this only works if you really get into sports.

that's awesome!  My company president (we're in NJ) is from Arkansas, and one year he gave his staff these absolutely hideous (in a good way) plastic razorback you wear on your head!  I wouldn't call it a hat, but it was just too funny.

Docslady21

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 04:57:23 PM »
DH & I have been invited to a Christmas party in two weeks and need to take gag gifts for a White Elephant exchange.  And I am drawing a blank....

Suggestions?

Shake Weight or a Justin Bieber shirt.

Snewt

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 10:46:11 PM »
A few years ago, some friends took a Sponge Bob pinata.  (everyone in that circle of friends thought he was annoying and they wanted to use the pinata!)

I wrapped some tea and coffee with the most hideous dollar store scarf I could find. So there was actually a consumable thing to go with the scarf, which also shed all over the place when it was swapped.

sheleo

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2011, 12:21:26 AM »
The twilight Christmas ornament from Hallmark (sadly this is real) nothing says Christmas like teenage angst and glittery vampires.

Erich L-ster

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2011, 12:57:53 AM »
Gag gift =/= white elephant. The point of a white elephant is that's more of a burden and hard to care for. If you're going for a true white elephant I'd say some kind of plant that demands precise care.