Author Topic: White Elephant Gag gift suggestion?  (Read 5876 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: White Elephant Gag gift suggestion?
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 09:11:58 AM »
I thought the original premise of white elephant was that you were to gift something of your own that you no longer wanted/never wanted in the first place.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Laurel

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2011, 01:29:02 AM »
We are doing one with my extended family that contains minors. If I were allowed to put alcohol in a gift I would have gotten a few shot bottles of tequila, some limes and a baggy of salt and put it all in this chrome and avocado blender that we are getting ready to retire. The plan as it stands now is to get some ceramic mugs and use ceramic marker to make various mustaches on the bottoms of them so it looks like the drinker has a funny stache when they drink out of them.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2011, 12:13:40 PM »
Some kind of funny Justin Bieber themed thing, like a toothbrush.

gingerzing

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 08:43:35 AM »
I thought the original premise of white elephant was that you were to gift something of your own that you no longer wanted/never wanted in the first place.

It depends on how it is defined by the group.  It is best to ask.  I almost got burned one year (had the olive oil bottle mentioned above wrapped up in a wine bottle gift box even), but I asked when the email came out reminding people to not spend more than $15.  Sometimes people mean White Elephant for the game of getting the gifts distributed.   
Yes, when I was growing up it meant something that you had in your house.  (Usually something gaudy or not useful for your house)