Author Topic: T Shirts That Make You Laugh Out Loud.  (Read 5857 times)

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
Re: T Shirts That Make You Laugh Out Loud.
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 11:44:50 PM »
I'm wearing a t shirt that says "A proud walking encyclopedia of wierdness"

I actually have several funny shirts:

My "Veni, Vidi, Volo in domum redire" (I came, I saw, I wanna go home) I shirt that I always wore on the last day of the semester/year.

My "World's Tallest Midget" shirt (almost kinda true.  :P)

My "String Quartet" shirt - it reads: "String Quartet: A good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex - violinist, and someone who hates violinists getting together to argue about composers"
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

ZaftigWife

• No longer a bride, but still zaftig.
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 12:48:55 AM »
I hang out with a lot of beer aficionados.  I've got a shirt that has what looks like a microbrew label on it: there's a picture of a bunny, and the text is "Peter Cotton Ale.  Now with extra hops."  It makes me smile!

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
!
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 01:08:56 AM »
Ace has one that says, down his chest, in speech bubbles "WHOA! It's like I'm in a comic book!"

My favourite, the one that gets the most double-takes, is one that says "I shower naked."

We get a lot of shirts from Threadless.

... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 01:25:41 AM »
I had to get one for my dad when I found "When the chips are down, the buffalo's empty."  (He uses "When the chips are down" for pretty much every situation . . .)

One of my favorites was a cartoon version of the cover of the Beatles' Abbey Road album with the caption "John Paul, George, and Ringo" and had the pope (barefoot) walking along behind the other two Beatles  ;D  I was really sad when that shirt got too ratty to wear.

Oh, and one of my friends in college had some shirts made up with this on it (with the picture of the whole hand dryer) as an inside joke:

Oddly, enough, I still got people who "didn't get it"   :P
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:27:37 AM by Slartibartfast »

Gyburc

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 07:10:20 AM »
I'm very fond of the WW2 morale-boosting poster that was rediscovered recently, and has turned up on pretty much everything since - mugs, t-shirts, you name it. The poster was never actually used, but reads 'Keep Calm and Carry On'. It's being sold by this outlet:

http://wartimeposters.co.uk/

I would love to have a t-shirt that read 'Keep Calm and Carry On' on the front, and then on the back in exactly the same layout 'Flip Out and Chop Heads'.

I must suggest that to them.  :D

When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

kckgirl

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 07:16:16 AM »
My favourite:

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator.

Funnily enough, I have had people come up to me and say, "I don't get it. Your shirt doesn't make sense."

Yes. That's the point.

NutMeg, this is the one I was going to post after reading the thread! A guy at work wore that shirt to one of our casual events. It had me counting syllables.
Maryland

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »
I'm very fond of the WW2 morale-boosting poster that was rediscovered recently, and has turned up on pretty much everything since - mugs, t-shirts, you name it. The poster was never actually used, but reads 'Keep Calm and Carry On'. It's being sold by this outlet:

http://wartimeposters.co.uk/

I would love to have a t-shirt that read 'Keep Calm and Carry On' on the front, and then on the back in exactly the same layout 'Flip Out and Chop Heads'.

I must suggest that to them.  :D

Go to Zazzle - you can design your own shirt there  :P  I made a onesie there for a baby shower for a friend - it's got her two older boys' pictures on it the front, and says "My brothers taught me everything I know about driving mommy CRAZY!"

squashedfrog

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 09:40:24 AM »
I like the one my mate had that says "if a tree falls in the forest and there's no-one there to hear it, does its mates still laugh at it?"

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 10:42:42 AM »
Wow! great shirts, everyone.

I also recall one that was sold through the NPR catalog quite a few years ago.  It was designed by Matt Groening before the Simpsons.  The shirt was black with a pair of soulful eyes off on the side.  The legend was, 'They told me it was decaf'. 

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 10:45:56 AM »
I used to work the cops beat at my first paper. I have a semi-real fear of wearing funny T-shirts because I - literally - don't want to be seen dead wearing one.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Balrog, Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

Information_queen

• Meaghan, her family's personal librarian
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 03:25:35 PM »
I have one that says 'Normal People Scare Me." I wore it to class one day and my professor saw it, read it out loud in the middle of class, and then asked, "I've never scared you, have I?" No, Dr. B, you haven't.

Another one says:

"I'm confused

Wait....

Maybe I'm not"

My boss looked me up and down, paused, and said "That's so you."

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 03:41:48 PM »

Push Botton, Receive Bacon = inside joke? I hate to tell you this, but pretty much everyone i know has heard or seen that. Dmitri Martin even put it in his skit a few years ago. That's an oldie. A goodie, no doubt, but an oldie nonetheless.

My friend Rob, who i fully admit i have a huge crush on so i am biased has a shirt he made that i think is hilarious. It’s so offensive he doesn’t really wear it in public. On a plain shirt, in plain letters it says:

I f***ed your mom.

…except of course it is spelled out. So foul, so funny.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Shea

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 04:13:22 PM »
This is on one of my favorite shirts in my Geek Shirt collection:
"In•ter•es•ting
adj. 1. capable of holding one’s attention. 2. arousing a feeling of interest. 3. oh G-d, oh G-d, we’re all going to die."

I also have one that says: "Movies: Ruining the book since 1920".

I saw a shirt the other day that said "Librarian: The Original Search Engine", which I now want.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »
I have one that is also on the foul side.  I only wore it to play pick up volleyball with friends who knew the source of the issues outlined by the shirt:

Stress
The confusion created when the mind overrides the body's desire to choke the living (ahem) out of some (ahem) who desperately needs it.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

K_Bear

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 06:52:09 PM »
Spent an hour doing holiday shopping on Think Geek...

For my daughters- "Keep calm and don't Blink" and "Also, I can kill you with my brain."

I haven't clicked to buy, yet...as I want those for myself, so may be buying 2 of each.

I already have some of their geeky/funny shirts, Shea, I have the "Interesting" shirt...and want more. Threadless is also an evil website..