Author Topic: Gifted a scarf by a stranger  (Read 1164 times)

kelly_jeanie

Gifted a scarf by a stranger
« on: November 21, 2011, 02:29:26 PM »
I was at a pro football game yesterday.  The lady sitting on the other side of my husband was wearing a scarf crocheted out of beautiful yarn in the colors of our home team.  It really was pretty, very understated colors instead of the usual garish NFL fare.  I commented on how pretty it was, she seemed pleased and said thanks.  About 15 minutes later my husband handed me the scarf.  I assumed she had passed it over so I could look at her handiwork and see how soft it was, but when I looked up she was gesturing to me and saying, "Here, take it!"  I protested, no you don't have to do that, but she said with a smile, "No, I like to make them and I like to give them away.  I want you to have it."  It was so sweet.  I am inspired to pay it forward if I can figure out how. 

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: Gifted a scarf by a stranger
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 02:44:13 PM »
How nice of her!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 06:47:59 PM »

Wow, that is so nice!
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Nora

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 02:09:58 PM »
You probably made her day, so she decided to make yours.  ;D
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.