Author Topic: Used it with little effect but some amusement  (Read 5910 times)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
Used it with little effect but some amusement
« on: November 28, 2011, 01:19:14 PM »
We visited my in-laws over Thanksgiving. At one point, MIL was driving the four of us (MIL, FIL, The Sweetie and me). A truck tailgated us and sped by as soon as we hit a passing area. MIL said "Driving like a maniac - of course it's a truck! And probably driven by a man!"

The Sweetie said "That's a couple of interesting assumptions."  MIL just started an aria about how people drive crazy on that stretch of road, and it's always trucks and always driven by men.  It didn't slow her down a bit.

But at least The Sweetie and I got to exchange an amused look.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

BeagleMommy

Re: Used it with little effect but some amusement
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 04:16:49 PM »
Don't you just love exchanging those knowing looks when a comment goes right over someone's head?  I know I do!

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 04:25:56 PM »
I've been guilty of thinking that myself  :-[  Not men specifically (in ATL traffic, it's pretty much a non-gender biased collection of horrible drivers), but drivers of a specific brand of car during a section of my drive home.   Not to say all drivers of that car are bad, just that a good 80% of the bad drivers are in a specific brand of car in that specific area of my drive home so I tend to pay extra close attention to them so as not to receive any bad surprises.

I always get a giggle when the bean dip works myself  ;D 

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 08:49:26 AM »
I've been guilty of thinking that myself  :-[  Not men specifically (in ATL traffic, it's pretty much a non-gender biased collection of horrible drivers), but drivers of a specific brand of car during a section of my drive home.   Not to say all drivers of that car are bad, just that a good 80% of the bad drivers are in a specific brand of car in that specific area of my drive home so I tend to pay extra close attention to them so as not to receive any bad surprises.

I always get a giggle when the bean dip works myself  ;D

I love the bean dip!! My mother hates it. She said I do that when she is telling me "home truths" that I don't want to hear. No, I don't want to hear every failure I have being listed for ten minutes at a time! Who does?!  ::)
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.