Author Topic: Unwanted Food Gifts  (Read 3021 times)

567Kate

• Nothing could possibly go wrong with this idea.
Re: Unwanted Food Gifts
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 10:17:45 AM »
Also, completely off topic but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMWTs0YT928

A song called "Present Face" about that look you get when you get an awful present. Just a note: This song is work safe but all Garfunkle and Oates songs are definitely not! Be careful clicking to any of their other videos!

:-*

Always happy to meet another G&O fan!

I saw them live this year! I seriously cried from laughing so hard.

On topic, I often give out food gifts myself, and I agree that the best way to handle unwanted ones is to give them away. Sending them to your husband's office is perfect!

I think I tend to assume as a giver that it's easier to deal with unwanted cookies than unwanted knick-knacks.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 11:06:57 AM »
I think I tend to assume as a giver that it's easier to deal with unwanted cookies than unwanted knick-knacks.

I totally agree with that. If someone gives me a knick knack I hate, I'll keep it for waaaaaaaay too long because I'll feel guilty if I get rid of it. If it's food, it's easier to give away. Even if I keep it, I don't feel bad tossing it once it goes bad.
The status is not quo!

SuperMartianRobotGirl

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 06:11:48 AM »
I don't think it's different than any other gifts you don't like. Say thank you and discretely get rid of it however works for you.