Author Topic: Bragging on Regretsy  (Read 4343 times)

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
Bragging on Regretsy
« on: December 01, 2011, 08:45:44 PM »
The Regretsy community takes a lot of insults from people who don't like the site, and that's fine. However, when the time comes, we pull together in a big way.

April and her team put out a call for people who had trouble giving their kids Christmas gifts. They researched the submissions and came up with 200 children. They then put out a call for funding and hoped to raise $4000 for these kids in a week (they worked out a discount for buying such a large quantity at once).

Within a few hours, we had overfunded the project.  :D There will now be money to get the kids their presents and to give the families a little extra. It does my heart good. Regretsians have always been great with charity drives, but this one takes the cake.  :)
The status is not quo!

diesel_darlin

Re: Bragging on Regretsy
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 01:06:12 AM »
Yay for Regretsy! I <3 Regretsy!

Isometric

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 01:40:22 AM »
I also live Regretsy! And Etsy too.

Great news for kids who wold otherwise go without.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 03:08:00 AM »

No kidding? That is awesome.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

CakeBeret

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 10:25:46 AM »
I love Regretsy. I didn't even read that they were opening it up for donations until after they'd exceeded the goal. That is one awesome community :)
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

yokozbornak

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 09:18:10 AM »
I love Regretsy!

Horace

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 04:40:24 PM »
I am so glad they reached their goal, I really wanted to donate but I just don't have the money right now which was hard.  Just another reason for me to love that site!

GLaDOS

• FKA TheAscension
  • Would you like some delicious cake?
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 01:34:07 AM »
I'm surprised and happy that so many other eHellions are Regretsy fans as well!

There was a mix up with the Paypal account; April used the 'donate' button which is apparently reserved for only non-profit organizations and she's listed as a corporation, so they're making her refund quite a bit of it, despite the fact that there's no clear verbiage on the use of the button. So I got to donate this time around :D
There's Science to do!

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 08:22:41 AM »
I'm surprised and happy that so many other eHellions are Regretsy fans as well!

There was a mix up with the Paypal account; April used the 'donate' button which is apparently reserved for only non-profit organizations and she's listed as a corporation, so they're making her refund quite a bit of it, despite the fact that there's no clear verbiage on the use of the button. So I got to donate this time around :D

I am so angry about that. My donation hasn't been refunded, so hopefully that means it went through. I'm still seriously angry with PayPal. I wrote a polite but stern letter and encouraged people to do the same. April didn't follow a rule that isn't listed on the PayPal Web site, so not only does she have to refund the money, she has to pay fees on every single transaction that she refunds. PayPal is keeping the money for doing nothing.
The status is not quo!

diesel_darlin

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »
The Regretsy saga continues. Apparently, April really didnt hit the wrong button, as she was originally told by various e-mails and PayPal associates. Apparently her account was flagged due to the overwhelming response to her donation campaign. Apparently thousands of dollars rolling in in the matter of minutes raises some sort of red flag.  ;D PayPal now wants to donate to "a charity of Aprils'choice" to which she responded she wanted 100$ gift cards for the 200 families she was trying to help, since that was her original intentions. Hopefully PayPal will make things right with her.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 09:05:24 AM »
The whole thing is a hot mess. I still can't talk about it without getting angry. I will say that I'm really tired of PayPal lying.
The status is not quo!

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »
I read about that fiasco yesterday.  I'm shocked and appalled.  PayPal seriously needs to make this right.

CakeBeret

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 09:51:13 AM »
I've been hearing horror stories about Paypal for years, and this is just the last straw for me. I can't believe how badly they've messed everything up, and now they're claiming that they've made a donation as an apology, when (last I checked, several hours ago) they had not made any donation at all.

I'm amazed at how people have rallied to shame Paypal into taking action, and horrified that it takes a national outcry for them to even consider making things right.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Cat blog
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 04:08:34 PM »
I've been hearing horror stories about Paypal for years, and this is just the last straw for me. I can't believe how badly they've messed everything up, and now they're claiming that they've made a donation as an apology, when (last I checked, several hours ago) they had not made any donation at all.

I'm amazed at how people have rallied to shame Paypal into taking action, and horrified that it takes a national outcry for them to even consider making things right.
POD. I am concerned that Paypal will simply tell people they have donated and not follow through. I'm not going to believe they've made things right until Regretsy confirms it. On the other hand, all this did remind me to close my Paypal account (that's been sitting there empty since they helped themselves to my money earlier this year).

I wonder how many other people have done the same?

diesel_darlin

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 06:20:46 PM »
“We are happy to offer you $100 donations to each of the 200 families you were planning to support this holiday season. I hope this helps to ease the stress and inconvenience our error has caused. I want you to know that we’re all sincerely sorry for this mistake.”

- Paypal

Yay!  ;D