Author Topic: Protein recipes for breakfast?  (Read 1609 times)

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
Re: Protein recipes for breakfast?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 06:58:29 PM »
My favorite egg breakfast is Ande Ka Khagina - it is eggs with onions and indian spices.  Here is a recipe:  http://www.khanapakana.com/recipe/c8bb57b7-f10c-474a-9ced-8808671bdc9d/hyderabadi-breakfast-ande-ka-khagina.  Super yummy!

ETA:  I usually just put my eggs in whole rather than beaten, but then I like having yolk/whites separated

NyaChan, that looks sooooo good. Thanks!
Utah

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 07:46:47 PM »
I like homemade oatmeal packets-

1/3 c oatmeal
dash cinnamon and salt
1-2 T raisins
brown sugar to taste (it tastes better if you add it in before you cook it)

Bag it and set aside or add to a good sized glass bowl with 2/3 c water.  Microwave for five minutes and stir well.  Serve with 2T flax seed and a handful of raw almonds.  It's a powerhouse. 

Another option is a breakfast sandwich.  There is such a wide variety you can use but the basics are an English muffin, a poached egg*, deli ham and a slice of American cheese.  I make it on a sprouted English muffin with the poached egg, ham and a slice of cheddar cheese.  It is a great fast high protein breakfast and you can make it significantly healthier than the fast food version.

*There are poacher things you can buy for the microwave that make perfect poached eggs in a minute or so or you can nuke it in a covered mug with a bit of water too.

Amara

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »
Umm, more fantastic ideas. Thank you so much!