Author Topic: Interesting corporate/business gifts  (Read 754 times)

gingerzing

Interesting corporate/business gifts
« on: December 07, 2011, 12:06:53 PM »
Kind of a spin off of the wine as a business gift.

My favorite vendor gifts:
*the photographer who sent Frango mints (from some Chicago department store) in the 5-pound boxes.  YUM
*the vendor who sends at least 4 packages of this really incredible toffee.  (I don't even like toffee.)
*the year that our pr agency sent everyone a bay leaf wreath was cool.

On the flip side, we had a vendor (not sure that he still is with us) who would send very expensive items to certain members of the department. Usually the VP and the upper level Managers (and usually to the VP's assistant)  The problem was they were pretty gaudy.   It was like once every 3 or 4 years it would be something okay, then 3 years of odd and garish.   There was three years in a row that everyone on the list got pewter horse design; first year a large platter, then a letter opener set, the third year some bar set (wine opener & decanter topper).  I can not describe what these were.  It types out better than it was.
One year I got one of the gifts he sent out.  A silver bowl with stylized reindeer head handles.  (Actually not bad that year.)  Never figured out how I got on the list that one year and never again.  LOL

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
Re: Interesting corporate/business gifts
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 05:14:28 PM »
One year I got a Tiffany Heart key ring from a vendor.  I wondered what she sent to the men on her list.  My DD still uses it.

3 month fruit of the month gift box sent to the office starting in January.  It was great quality fruit, enough to share with those interested, and nice for those after holiday pounds.