Author Topic: Alec Baldwin Has a Temper Tantrum  (Read 6070 times)

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
Alec Baldwin Has a Temper Tantrum
« on: December 07, 2011, 01:05:29 PM »
Apparently, Alec Baldwin is "so in love with "Words With Friends" that he was willing to get thrown off a flight to keep playing." He refused to shut off his iPad as his flight prepared for take-off. When the flight attendants insisted, he took his toy iPad into the bathroom and slammed the door. He was eventually forced off the plane, which caused him to take to public pouting. He seems to think that he should be above the rules, and he doesn't seem at all concerned that other passengers were delayed.

What is WRONG with people?

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/alec-baldwin-shuts-down-his-twitter-as-airline-blasts-his-offensive-behavior-1656634.story#!wallState=0__%2Ftv%2Falec-baldwin-gets-kicked-off-an-american-airlines-plane-1656498.story

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/alec-baldwin-shuts-down-his-twitter-as-airline-blasts-his-offensive-behavior-1656634.story
The status is not quo!

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Alec Baldwin Has a Temper Tantrum
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 01:15:13 PM »
He's lucky he wasn't arrested.

While it's rare, it is not totally unheard of for electronics to affect airplane instruments. There is a valid reason why they ask you to turn them off.

It's unfortunate to see someone who is actually quite talented develop this big of an ego. Such a tantrum over a cell phone game!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 01:19:36 PM »
Really? Alec Baldwin had a public tantrum? Shocking. It seems so out of character for him....   

::)

I have nothing nice to say about that man at all. He has shown me multiple times that he is not someone I'd want any interaction with if he were just a regular joe and I am certianly not going to give him a pass on this either.

Why do people like that stay famous (imfamous?) ? And why do we as a society allow celebrities to get away with behaviour like that by continuing to support them, albeit indirectly, by watching thier shows and purchasing thier merchandise.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 01:21:46 PM »
Really? Alec Baldwin had a public tantrum? Shocking. It seems so out of character for him....   

Yeah, I thought someone had done some thread necromancy until I realized there were only 2 replies! Seems I've seen a similar subject line before.  :D

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 01:24:46 PM »
And why do we as a society allow celebrities to get away with behaviour like that by continuing to support them, albeit indirectly, by watching thier shows and purchasing thier merchandise.

Because I loves me some Tina Fey.  :(  Seriously, though, other than 30 Rock, I don't watch anything he's in. He lost me completely when he called his daughter hateful names.

I love that his people justified it as, "he was willing to get thrown off the flight." Dude, that's all well and good, but it's NOT ABOUT YOU. It's about the other people who would really like to depart on time instead of having to wait while an overgrown toddler fusses about turning off his toy for a few minutes.
The status is not quo!

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »
And why do we as a society allow celebrities to get away with behaviour like that by continuing to support them, albeit indirectly, by watching thier shows and purchasing thier merchandise.

Because I loves me some Tina Fey.  :(  Seriously, though, other than 30 Rock, I don't watch anything he's in. He lost me completely when he called his daughter hateful names.

I totally get that. I don't judge anyone else for it. I love her myself. But as much as I love her, she's collateral damage in my silent protest and refuse to watch it. Between Alec and Tracey Morgan, I just can't muster a sense of humor about it.
My non participation doesn't seem to be hurting thier ratings at all so I'm sure noone over at tv land gives a hoot about lil' ol' me anyway.... its just the principal of it...
So there...  :P

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 01:34:13 PM »
I'm kind of the opposite; I know my not watching won't matter, so I do.  :P Although I have REFUSED to watch TBS since they cancelled "My Boys."
The status is not quo!

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 03:06:17 PM »
I love that his people justified it as, "he was willing to get thrown off the flight." Dude, that's all well and good, but it's NOT ABOUT YOU. It's about the other people who would really like to depart on time instead of having to wait while an overgrown toddler fusses about turning off his toy for a few minutes.

I think if being thrown off a flight meant they opened the door and tossed you out while taxiing people might behave better. Instead, you get hauled back to the gate and probably burn another half-hour or so waiting because someone's being a twit.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »
I think if being thrown off a flight meant they opened the door and tossed you out while taxiing people might behave better.

Now, that I MIGHT watch!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 03:26:57 PM by Twik »
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 03:23:24 PM »
I thought I was the only one! Alec is so annoying that when I watch the Essentials on TCM, I have to plug my ears when he talks, because it's apparently all about him. Even when they showed A Streetcar Named Desire, he just had to talk about how he played Stanley on Broadway, and how hard it was, etc. The whole time, I was thinking, "Dude, I do not care. I want to see the awesomeness of Marlon Brando, kthanxbai."

It doesn't surprise me he pulls stunts like the aforementioned one in the OP.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Flora Louise

• Nothing like champagne for a champagne occasion.
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 05:47:49 PM »
I always have the impression that Alec is playing a funnier, nicer version of himself on 30 Rock.
Just because you're disappointed in me doesn't mean I did anything wrong.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 07:02:12 PM »
I honestly don't know why anyone would be a fan of his any more. He has proven himself, time after time, to be a self-obsessed jerk. I refuse to watch anything he is in.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Shannon

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 09:47:55 PM »
NOT apologizing or making excuses for Alec, but he certainly was not the only one on that plane who hadn't turned off his phone yet. Other people on the plane were tweeting about the incident as it was happening. So while his tantrum was definitely uncalled for (but, sadly, totally in character with what I would expect from him), his failure to turn his phone off when the FAs made the announcement seems to be less about him thinking that rules don't apply to him and more that he happened to be the most visible of the people who were breaking the rules at that moment.

SiotehCat

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 10:41:27 PM »
I honestly don't know why anyone would be a fan of his any more. He has proven himself, time after time, to be a self-obsessed jerk. I refuse to watch anything he is in.

Some people, like myself, are fans of his because of his work and not his personality.

I think he is a very funny man.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 11:36:00 PM »

Some people, like myself, are fans of his because of his work and not his personality.

I think he is a very funny man.

I'm sure he is. However, I, like SamiHami (I imagine - correct me if I'm wrong), have a hard time disassociating his real-life personality from his work. There are other performers like that whom I can't watch.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter