Author Topic: I can't keep up with her...  (Read 8066 times)

Reason

Re: I can't keep up with her...
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »
I see. I certainly didn't mean to imply that those who are in counseling/ see counseling as valuable are somehow deficient.

Sorry if I offended anyone. Counseling is not the right choice for me is probably what I should have said.

Petticoats

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2011, 12:06:11 PM »
I see. I certainly didn't mean to imply that those who are in counseling/ see counseling as valuable are somehow deficient.

Sorry if I offended anyone. Counseling is not the right choice for me is probably what I should have said.

That is a better way of putting it. Thank you. :)

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2011, 08:49:22 AM »
Reason, I may be making an assumption, but I believe you're from a different culture (Russian, or at least influenced by it). It sounds a little like what you're dealing with is the slightly different expectations between two cultures. That's a subtle kind of culture shock. I wonder if there isn't a place you could go to find other people who are dealing with that transition, and as a result can point out some of the subtle differences between cultures that many people take for granted.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

nrb80

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2011, 10:54:17 AM »
Thread closed.  Please refrain from the armchair psychology.  I also think several of the posters in this thread could benefit from rereading the rules.