Etiquette School is in session! > "Have you tried the bean dip?"

This is NOT the bean dip you were looking for!

(1/3) > >>

JacklynHyde:
This news article is, sadly, from my home town news outlet:
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/12/09/dublin-bean-dipping-in-schools-causes-concern.html

"DUBLIN, Ohio - The mother of a Dublin middle schooler said Friday that her daughter was traumatized after being exposed to "bean dipping."

The mother, who did not wish to be identified, said that bean dipping is a new activity in the schools where a boy touches a girl under her breasts to see if they bounce and then makes fun of her."

Shoo:
This might be the most clever subject line I've seen here on Ehell.  :)

dietcokeofevil:
So do they get made fun of them for bouncing or not bouncing?

Luci:
I really do not get it. When girls got their bras snapped in my junior high (1956-1959), the guys usually got a light smack from the snapee and a cold shoulder from the rest of her friends. No adult intervention needed. Assembly about harrassment? Sometimes "playground justice" is all that is called for.

I hate violence, as anyone can tell by my taste in movies and books, but I guess I can accept it in small, carefully administered doses.

Isn't it amazing what little things can be handled so simply but blown up into news?

Twik:
Unfortunately, Luci, things have changed since the 1950s. My friend who drives a school bus required training on how to deal with things like full-blown sexual assault in the back as she is trying to negotiate rush-hour traffic. There's no longer, for many children, a line beyond which they cannot go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version