Author Topic: bunny "foo foo"?  (Read 844 times)

rain

bunny "foo foo"?
« on: December 10, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »
I have seen a drink mentioned on threads here called something like "Bunny Foo Foo".

How do you make them?  (I want to try a "Santa" version)

I know I need hollow chocolate, Kahlua, and ?Milk?, ?cream?

how much do I need/what proportions?
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: bunny "foo foo"?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 03:37:01 PM »
Coca Cola, milk, Kahlua,and the chocolate shell in the shape of your choice (seasonal alternatives include Santa, snowmen, hearts, cats, witches, bunnies, eggs, and a few other shapes now & then).

Start with a shot of Kahlua and 2-3 oz of milk over ice, then fill the rest of the glass/shell with Coca Cola (call it 6 oz or a little more) .  If you want to get a Nutty alternative - an almond or hazelnut liquer will blend nicely with the chocolate & milk............for Saint Patrick's Day - Bailey's Irish Cream (no extra milk needed) & Coke in a chocolate leprechaun..........can't find a chocolate leprechaun?  Serve with a few gold wrapped chocolate coins on the side...............or in a chocolate kettle.

Feeling like a tropical vacation?  Chocolate coconut shell & coconut liquer..........if it goes well with chocolate, try it.  Snarky & Evil have amazingly resiliant livers (being virtual personalities) and have tried a few combinations that they didn't enjoy (no pickled fish of any kind with chocolate, they tell me - in fact, no pickled ANYTHING - that kind of sour doesn't go well with chocolate, or so they say).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 03:38:42 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

rain

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 08:36:12 AM »
 :-[  how much is a shot?

I tried experimenting the other night and discovered that 1 ounce of Kahlua to 4 ounces of milk made a very happy rain (but 1% milk really doesn't give a depth of flavor) - now the coke added to this... ;D

Thanks so much....Time to find some hollow Santas

"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 10:33:09 AM »
I've seen this mentioned--how do you consume it? Do you drink it out of the shell, or do you bite into it (and if you do, doesn't it splinter and spill?) Or does the chocolate absorb the drink better than I'm envisioning?

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 04:05:04 PM »
I think that a shot is 1.5 oz (three tablespoons). 

I find that a lot of the hollow shells are just a tad thin or have tiny holes that will leak.  Snarky & Evil just smash them and eat them as they drink the Bunny Foo Foo from a glass of some kind...........or find a small glass to slide into the hollow & then grab a straw.  It kind of depends on the shape of the chocolate and whether or not they want to hold the chocolate bunny while drinking (you have to have cold hands - warm hands will melt Bunny and there will be a leak).

If you are a chocolatier and have the molds - you could make slightly thicker versions for drinking from or change the chocolate shell up to melt at a little warmer temperature - but part of the taste & texture of chocolate is that it melts in your mouth for maximum flavor.............which means that your hands are going to get a bit sticky with the chocolate (dark, milk, or white - there will be sticky stuff on your fingers).

You could try leaving the foil on the bunny (Santa, snowman, egg, heart, etc.) unless you plan on putting it in a holder of some kind that won't melt it as the foild helps it keep its shape - and the cold milk, ice, and cold Coke help, too.  But it is not a drink to linger over in hot weather..............or even warm weather............
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:08:12 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?