Author Topic: Such a little thing that makes such a big diference  (Read 1238 times)

Iris

Such a little thing that makes such a big diference
« on: December 14, 2011, 02:25:50 AM »
[bg]In Australia, today is the day that the students graduating high school get their final results. They finished high school and did their final exams a month or so ago so we haven't seen them for a while [/bg]

Anyway, I had two former students contact me today to say thank you for my efforts in teaching them. One girl I didn't even teach in her final year of high school! I taught her the previous two years though and did put a lot of effort into encouraging her while she was my student. She achieved the highest grade possible and was kind enough to take the time to a) let me know and b) thank me and tell me that I helped her to achieve her result.

How lovely that a young girl will take the time to say something so touching. Now my darn allergies are acting up  ;)
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

MummySweet

Re: Such a little thing that makes such a big diference
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 04:48:44 AM »
Wow, it's an incredible gift to know that you made a difference in someone's life.   Kudos to you for being "that" teacher, and kudos to those students who have the wisdom to recognize that they have received help along the way and the grace to acknowledge it.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
Re: Such a little thing that makes such a big diference
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 11:39:07 AM »
How wonderful! I'm sure that really makes you feel like the best teacher ever.  ;D
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter