Author Topic: Free Shoes  (Read 1222 times)

Spike

Free Shoes
« on: December 14, 2011, 06:52:25 PM »
I work in a small cafe-style restaurant. We have many regular customers and one particular woman came in my work recently. She's an infrequent visitor but I always remember what she orders because it rarely varies and also I have a good memory for faces. After I'd taken her order she asked me what my shoe size was. I was a little confused but said size 8. She then explained that I'd once complimented her on her shoes (Converse AC/DC high-top sneakers) and that she felt "too old" to wear them anymore and wondered if I wanted them! It was something like a year ago that I complimented her, and it's not like we even knew each other's names...I thought it was so touching that she thought of me, even though unfortunately, I had to tell her they would have been too big for me.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: Free Shoes
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 06:55:08 PM »
How nice of her!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

lollylegs

Re: Free Shoes
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 05:33:23 AM »
That is really nice! And any day involving free shoes (even though you didn't actually get them) is a good day so far as I'm concerned.