Author Topic: Internet Explorer being very rude to EHell - help!  (Read 2860 times)

LEMon

Internet Explorer being very rude to EHell - help!
« on: December 16, 2011, 12:25:14 AM »
I'm having trouble with EHell and Internet Explorer.  Just started today.  Keeps "no longer responding", then reloads everything.  Anyone else having problems?  Or have a clue what my problem might be?

Other sites are working just fine, only EHell has a problem and it repeatedly.  Every couple of threads or category changes, there it goes again.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: Internet Explorer being very rude to EHell - help!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 12:45:36 AM »
Clear your cache and reboot your computer. (See http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html for help with clearing the cache.)

If that doesn't work, check Windows Updates (I am assuming you are using Windows since you're using IE) to see if there are any updates to IE that you should download.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

LEMon

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 08:10:15 PM »
That seems to have done it.  Thanks!

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 11:38:01 PM »
You're welcome. Whenever your browser starts acting up, try that - it usually works.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

LEMon

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 02:32:08 PM »
The odd thing was that it was only doing it to Ehell.  All other websites that I go to were fine.

Nurvingiel

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 04:21:49 PM »
I would recommend installing a better browser. I have used Fire Fox for years and I've never had trouble with Ehell. It's free too.
If I had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if I had some eggs.

LEMon

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 04:35:25 PM »
I'd never had problems either till the other day.  Now it's fixed.

Mikayla

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 01:10:49 PM »
I just learned about cache clearing maybe a year ago, and it's saved my bacon.  It's particularly helpful on "interactive" type websites that have forums or message boards.  I've seen people say to delete cookies at the same time, but this is not necessary unless you want to do it for some reason.  The cache is what screws it up.