Author Topic: Mich. Residents Receive Letter Calling Christmas Lights 'Pagan'  (Read 14664 times)

thunderroad

Re: Mich. Residents Receive Letter Calling Christmas Lights 'Pagan'
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 11:41:41 AM »
While I completely agree that the guy is nutty and was meddling where he did not belong, the funniest thing happened -- when it came to the day when I usually take my tree down [New Year's Day, simply because it's a day when I am not working], I found I simply could.not.do.it.  Why -- because the pretty lights cheered me up on a dark winter's morning and evening!

I found myself thinking of this thread and thinking, hey, maybe there is something to the theory that the lights help stave off the dark  . . .  ;D

snowfire

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2012, 11:00:07 PM »
When I took down my trees I kept out one of the strings of colored lights.  That way I can plug it in and get all the pretty colors whenever I need a lift!  I loooooove Christmas lights, I don't care about the origin, they're pretty.   ;D

BeagleMommy

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 02:39:21 PM »
My best friend's older brother sets up Christmas lights on his property that are so magnificent (including having them timed to music) that the city had to send police officers out to direct traffic.  What can possibly be wrong about a lot of people feeling happy by one man's creativity and carrying that feeling home with them?

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2012, 04:09:34 PM »
If you look at the letter in closeup, the guy actually does know what he's talking about and did the research.  Which makes it funnier.  For deity's sake, he just takes offense to the lights, not the holiday, which he apparently know is pagan in origin.  I'm not so sure if that makes it better or worse.  :P