Author Topic: Duplication - Updated P.8  (Read 1782 times)

Rose

Duplication - Updated P.8
« on: December 19, 2011, 05:22:16 PM »
I purchased and wrapped a cashmere scarf for one of my bosses for the holidays.  Today he mentioned that a client had sent him a nice scarf earlier in the month for his birthday.  I thought I was through shopping and wrapping.  Would it be rude to give him the scarf any way?  Would you go shopping again?  He's terribly hard to shop for. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:00:13 PM by Rose »

Deetee

• Super Hero!
Re: Duplication
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 05:58:21 PM »
Just give it to him.

Granted I own over 30 scarves so I might not be an unbiased judge of these things.

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 07:24:31 PM »
I agree, as long as it's not the same scarf, he'll probably appreciate another one -- and now you even know he enjoys scarves, since he mentioned the previous gift in a positive way.

Actually even if it were an identical scarf I know I'd appreciate it...my favourite scarves keep getting dog-teeth holes in them.  (I don't even own a dog!  Just have a bad habit of forgetting to take my scarf off before petting the dogs on my street.)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 11:32:16 PM »
I purchased and wrapped a cashmere scarf for one of my bosses for the holidays.  Today he mentioned that a client had sent him a nice scarf earlier in the month for his birthday.  I thought I was through shopping and wrapping.  Would it be rude to give him the scarf any way?  Would you go shopping again?  He's terribly hard to shop for.
I'm with deetee.  Just give it to him. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

MrsCrazyPete

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 04:36:03 AM »
POD the others. It's not as if you're giving him a book he already owns; people lose scarves all the time & need replacements!
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

Perfect Circle

• Birdie in the hand for life's rich demand
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 04:40:59 AM »
I would just give it to him too. But I also have two drawers full of scarves and know full well there will be more after Santa's visit this weekend, so I also have a slightly biased opinion when it comes to scarves.
There's a secret stigma, reaping wheel.
Diminish, a carnival of sorts.
Chronic town, poster torn, reaping wheel.
Stranger, stranger to these parts.

mabelle

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 03:22:53 PM »
POD the others. It's not as if you're giving him a book he already owns; people lose scarves all the time & need replacements!

POD to this, and also... When I lived in a colder* climate, I had different scarves to match different jackets AND I purposefully bought duplicates so that one could be/would be available even if the other is being cleaned.

*Cold enough that folks regularly wrap scarves around their faces  - so they would need cleaned more regularly than a scarf that is just draped around your shoulders or around your neck, IMHO.

O'Dell

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 03:58:43 PM »
I agree, as long as it's not the same scarf, he'll probably appreciate another one -- and now you even know he enjoys scarves, since he mentioned the previous gift in a positive way.

Actually even if it were an identical scarf I know I'd appreciate it...my favourite scarves keep getting dog-teeth holes in them.  (I don't even own a dog!  Just have a bad habit of forgetting to take my scarf off before petting the dogs on my street.)

Huh?? Random dogs chew on your scarf? ??? :D

I agree with PPs. Give him the scarf.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
Walt Whitman

Rose

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 05:58:58 PM »
Update:

You all were right and I was worried over nothing.  My holiday starts tonight, so I brought the gift in to the office today.  My boss was thrilled with it.  Whew!