Author Topic: Quest for the Perfect Alarm Clock - Help!  (Read 1295 times)

Kaymyth

Re: Quest for the Perfect Alarm Clock - Help!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 08:54:04 PM »
this is what i use to wake up in the mornings and i swear by it, im always completely awake before the actual alarm part goes off (birds chirping) http://www.amazon.ca/Philips-HF3470-60-Wake-up-Light/dp/B003XN4RIC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1364328165&sr=8-2

I have one of these, too, and I absolutely adore it.  I use the musical chimes alarm setting.  :)

Unfortunately, it's not particularly small, which the OP also needs.

snowfire

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 09:15:10 PM »
I'll third the one katy has.  We have it and I really like it.  I usually wake up to the light, though if I have my cat sleeping in the way I don't see it.  I like the nature sounds a lot more than even the radio on a quiet station.  I trained DH in our first years of marriage that the radio was a better option than the buzzer with multiple hits of thee snooze button...only to be awakened with a jolt ten minutes later by the %$#@%& buzzer again.  >:(  I really don't like being awakened once with my heart racing and the adrenaline pumping at full speed.  I am not a nice person when awakened that way.

rain

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 09:31:59 PM »
I've seen an alarm clock that has a light and it slowly gets brighter.
Like a sunrise.

I had one of these & loved it, but now that I'm remarried DH won't let me get a new one.

"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 11:17:57 PM »
I have a funny alarm story.  At one time, when I needed to wake up was when all radio stations were talking.  I hate waking up to blather.  So, I spent some money and bought an early alarm clock that used your own music.  I think it was a cassette tape.  I love the Femmes, so I put that in there.  I was in a pissy mood for the next month. I couldn't figure it out, because I woke up nicely.  Then one weekend I laid in bed listening to it.  It was "I hope you get fat".  It is romantic (in a Femmes way), he wants his ex-girlfriend to get fat so she'll come back to him.  But all I was hearing was snippets.  Day 1 "I hope you get fat".  Day 2 "Really really really fat"  Day 3 "Then no one will want you."
I switched to Bach Arias. 

Frog24

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 11:37:43 PM »
This is meant in a completely joking manner, it is in no way meant to comment on anyone's reproductive choices one way or another.

Get an infant or a toddler.  I haven't had to use an alarm in the last two and a half years.  Either the infant is waking you up at 1, 3, 4:30, 5:45, and 7, or the toddler is crooning "mommy, mommy, Mommy, MOMMY!!!!!" beginning at 6:45.
 ;)   ;D

Frog

magician5

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 11:48:24 PM »
Timex T-158

http://www.amazon.com/MP3-Line--in-Alarm-Clock/dp/B000LG4GNU/

Never used the "mp3 player in" feature, just the choice of 4 nature sounds that gently fade in at the appointed time.

Also there's a really cheap spherical one http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LED-Lights-7-Color-Change-Nature-Sound-Date-and-Thermometer-Alarm-Clock-X-/271178207374?pt=US_Clocks&hash=item3f237b108e ... if you look around for more of the MANY listings for similar models, you can find ones with the sounds you prefer ... I had to get one with sheep going "baa" because my wife weaves.
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.