News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• October 23, 2017, 03:48:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Exchanges with People that Make Your Brain Hurt  (Read 2010762 times)

Twik

Re: Exchanges with People that Make Your Brain Hurt
« Reply #7665 on: March 19, 2013, 08:33:04 AM »
They were all quite amazed as they had never known any man who had been married that long who said he enjoyed it. Apparently they all make 'ball and chain' type jokes.

I don't think the ball and chain jokes necessarily mean the man was unhappy. It's a way of saying "Oh, if only I hadn't been married, I could have spent my life being fawned over by Swedish supermodels. Because I'm that kind of stud, you know?"
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

exitzero

« Reply #7666 on: March 19, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
I swear I just had this conversation at work five minutes ago:

Me, to coworker who was changing out of this boots: (He's a friend, so I was teasing him): Hey, your socks don't match!

Him: Yes, they do! They're exactly the same, they're just different colors!

Me:  ???

Him: And they come in pair of three!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #7667 on: March 19, 2013, 10:38:08 AM »

Me, to coworker who was changing out of this boots: (He's a friend, so I was teasing him): Hey, your socks don't match!

Which is useful if you're a Puppeteer.

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #7668 on: March 19, 2013, 10:40:26 AM »

How old is your co worker?  I though this was only a trend for little girls. They are sold in sets of three with coordinating, but not matching colors and patterns. Look up the store "little Miss Matched" (spelling unknown)
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

random numbers

« Reply #7669 on: March 19, 2013, 10:51:13 AM »
Stance has several items like that; three socks in a pack, none the same.

http://www.stance.com/shop/harrington-3

LazyDaisy

« Reply #7670 on: March 19, 2013, 11:02:10 AM »
Urban Outfitters has socks like that too, made by Vans. Coordinating but not the same

hipsters...I'm sure his socks are ironic
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #7671 on: March 19, 2013, 11:11:41 AM »
Call me unhip, but why must we further complicate our lives with odd numbers of socks? Back in my day when we walked to school 12 miles in the snow uphill both ways, we wore our socks in matching pairs and we liked it that way! <curmudgeonly grumbling>
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

Kariachi

« Reply #7672 on: March 19, 2013, 11:31:47 AM »
Call my hip, but why must we further complicate our lives worrying about whether our sock match? Back in my day we didn't care as long as they were clean and didn't have holes!*

*Not attempting to offend, just what my brain responded with.
"Heh. Forgive our manners, little creature that we may well kill and eat you is no excuse for rudeness."

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #7673 on: March 19, 2013, 11:48:34 AM »
Yes, if they're clean and keep your feet warm, that's what matters!

*says the girl who will wear a Halloween sock on one foot and a St. Patrick's Day sock on the other.*
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #7674 on: March 19, 2013, 11:50:30 AM »
Now I know why I was saving my orphaned socks!  I thought I would use them to polish shoes or saddles, but now I know I can still wear them ... with each other. >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

exitzero

« Reply #7675 on: March 19, 2013, 11:56:24 AM »

How old is your co worker?  I though this was only a trend for little girls. They are sold in sets of three with coordinating, but not matching colors and patterns. Look up the store "little Miss Matched" (spelling unknown)
He's a forty-something year old man, but he has his little kid side. Socks are his "thing" he must have 100 crazy pairs.

Susiqzer

« Reply #7676 on: March 19, 2013, 11:58:08 AM »

I'd have to buy two identical packs...   :o

exitzero

« Reply #7677 on: March 19, 2013, 12:01:53 PM »

Even they say "Three socks sold as one pair" I don't think they know what "pair" means!

gramma dishes

« Reply #7678 on: March 19, 2013, 12:38:18 PM »
Call me unhip, but why must we further complicate our lives with odd numbers of socks? Back in my day when we walked to school 12 miles in the snow uphill both ways, we wore our socks in matching pairs and we liked it that way! <curmudgeonly grumbling>

Not only did we buy our socks in matching pairs, we also bought two packages of six pairs (white because white goes with 'everything') so that as they began to wear out, we could just match the remaining sock with one of the many. many others!!  They seemed to never go away!!   :-\

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #7679 on: March 19, 2013, 12:40:11 PM »
I have officially found the most useless product.  Wow.

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.