Author Topic: Exchanges with People that Make Your Brain Hurt  (Read 1074308 times)

snowflake

Re: Exchanges with People that Make Your Brain Hurt
« Reply #7680 on: March 18, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »
And yes, he's very divorced now (apparently it was pretty ugly, go figure).
I'm shocked! How could she let a prize like him get away? >:D

Oh, I think I worked with the same guy!

The real brain hurty part of it was that he got married halfway through the year I worked with him.  So he knew he couldn't stand living with the woman, he knew he didn't want to get married, and he just did it anyway and acted like a victim for it happening and badmouthed her everywhere.  It was uncomfortable.  He claimed she had "roped him into it" by getting pregnant.  He had two other children by different women so it's not like he hadn't practiced walking away before.

The really brain-hurty part was when his marriage was on the skids and he was playing the victim, he was scoring with new women (also co-workers) who saw him as a poor, put-upon, lost soul who needed saving.

One night as he left with the new girlfriend (he had left his wife right before she gave birth) I had the sudden urge to yell, "Hold the condom up to the light FIRST" after them.  But I really did resist (and I'm not just lying about that because I'm on ehell.)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #7681 on: March 18, 2013, 03:51:52 PM »
"Hold the condom up to the light FIRST" after them.  But I really did resist (and I'm not just lying about that because I'm on ehell.)
I have almost no experience with condoms, but wouldn't it be safer to fill it with some air and put it under water to see if bubbles escape?  That's the way I was taught to check the bicycle inner tube after repair and before putting it back on the bike.  I'm just thinking about tests to determine if rubber has pinholes.  You probably can't see pinholes by holding it up to the light.  In fact, does that ever work?  It's making my brain hurt. ;)
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #7682 on: March 18, 2013, 04:37:36 PM »
"Hold the condom up to the light FIRST" after them.  But I really did resist (and I'm not just lying about that because I'm on ehell.)
I have almost no experience with condoms, but wouldn't it be safer to fill it with some air and put it under water to see if bubbles escape?  That's the way I was taught to check the bicycle inner tube after repair and before putting it back on the bike.  I'm just thinking about tests to determine if rubber has pinholes.  You probably can't see pinholes by holding it up to the light.  In fact, does that ever work?  It's making my brain hurt. ;)

ahem...um..yes it does work  :-X

Jocelyn

« Reply #7683 on: March 18, 2013, 10:27:06 PM »
I have almost no experience with condoms, but wouldn't it be safer to fill it with some air and put it under water to see if bubbles escape? 
That might make it rather difficult to...apply. Being unrolled, blown up, and soggy, that is.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #7684 on: March 18, 2013, 10:42:54 PM »
The whole concept of sleeping with somebody you don't trust, to the extent that you'd feel the need to check the condoms for holes, makes *my* brain hurt.

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #7685 on: March 18, 2013, 11:42:55 PM »
The whole concept of sleeping with somebody you don't trust, to the extent that you'd feel the need to check the condoms for holes, makes *my* brain hurt.
This was a bit judgmental. 

I often have my own stash in my purse.  However, I have been caught without them.  So if a guy pulls a condom out that is not brand new from somewhere, I have no problem double checking to make sure no minuscule holes have appeared.  And yes I have caught tiny little pinpricks in brand new looking wrappers

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #7686 on: March 18, 2013, 11:50:42 PM »
You seem to be implying that the only holes that could appear in the condom would be intentionally inflicted.  I was thinking about manufacturing defects.  Or are you saying that if you trust someone, you don't need to use a condom.  I agree that you shouldn't have s3x with anyone you don't trust, but I'm not sure where the condom fits in.

For the record, I'm not a prude, but most of my experience comes from before I was married, which was before AIDS and HIV.  I used BC pills, so I didn't use condoms.  The rest of my life has been spent trying to conceive, which I never did, making me think I wasted a lot of money on BC pills.

I realize now that my method of testing would render the condom useless. Mahalo to Jocelyn for the humorous explanation. :-*
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

athersgeo

• No one told you when to run
« Reply #7687 on: March 19, 2013, 07:13:31 AM »
A geography brain hurty of a slightly different kind:

Geography class.

We'd been studying tourism as a topic and were about to start a case study on tourism in Turkey. For the life of me now I can't remember how it came up, but I made some comment about the capital of Turkey being Ankara.

Up pops the other class know-it-all: "No it isn't! It's Istanbul."
Me: "Err, no - it really is Ankara."
Her: "You're wrong. It's Istanbul. EVERYBODY knows that."
Me: "Err, no. Look - our atlases have Ankara marked as the capital."
Her: "Well they're wrong."
Me: "..."

Fortunately for my sanity (unfortunately for the other 23 people in the room, who'd been watching/listening to this conversation like spectators at a car wreck), the teacher arrived at that moment and opened her lesson with a brief description of Turkey, including the name of the capital.

Ankara.

I half wondered if the other class know-it-all would continue to argue, but apparently she'd accept information if it was given by the teacher - just not from me, even when I was backed up by a respectably published atlas!

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #7688 on: March 19, 2013, 09:33:04 AM »
They were all quite amazed as they had never known any man who had been married that long who said he enjoyed it. Apparently they all make 'ball and chain' type jokes.

I don't think the ball and chain jokes necessarily mean the man was unhappy. It's a way of saying "Oh, if only I hadn't been married, I could have spent my life being fawned over by Swedish supermodels. Because I'm that kind of stud, you know?"
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

exitzero

« Reply #7689 on: March 19, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
I swear I just had this conversation at work five minutes ago:

Me, to coworker who was changing out of this boots: (He's a friend, so I was teasing him): Hey, your socks don't match!

Him: Yes, they do! They're exactly the same, they're just different colors!

Me:  ???

Him: And they come in pair of three!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #7690 on: March 19, 2013, 11:38:08 AM »

Me, to coworker who was changing out of this boots: (He's a friend, so I was teasing him): Hey, your socks don't match!

Which is useful if you're a Puppeteer.

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #7691 on: March 19, 2013, 11:40:26 AM »

Which is useful if you're a Puppeteer.

How old is your co worker?  I though this was only a trend for little girls. They are sold in sets of three with coordinating, but not matching colors and patterns. Look up the store "little Miss Matched" (spelling unknown)
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

random numbers

« Reply #7692 on: March 19, 2013, 11:51:13 AM »
Stance has several items like that; three socks in a pack, none the same.

http://www.stance.com/shop/harrington-3

LazyDaisy

« Reply #7693 on: March 19, 2013, 12:02:10 PM »
Urban Outfitters has socks like that too, made by Vans. Coordinating but not the same

hipsters...I'm sure his socks are ironic
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #7694 on: March 19, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »
Call me unhip, but why must we further complicate our lives with odd numbers of socks? Back in my day when we walked to school 12 miles in the snow uphill both ways, we wore our socks in matching pairs and we liked it that way! <curmudgeonly grumbling>
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver