A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Exchanges with People that Make Your Brain Hurt

<< < (1537/1581) > >>

jpcher:

--- Quote from: Diane AKA Traska on March 19, 2013, 12:40:11 PM ---I have officially found the most useless product.  Wow.

--- End quote ---

Try it! You'll Like it!  ;D ;D ;D

Honestly? I'll never wear mismatched socks and I (smiling) roll my eyes at the DDs because they do.

The three to a pack? I think that's a fun marketing ploy so that you buy 2 packs, all different colors, making 6 pairs of mismatched socks . . . or they're giving you the third sock for when a sock mysteriously disappears in the wash . . . or you can mix and match and not wear the same different colored socks all the time!

Slartibartfast:
Okay, this may be a "thing" but it was new to me and I had a hard time keeping a straight face!  MIL and the girls and I went out to a new(-to-us) restaurant in town, a little hole-in-the-wall soul food place.  It was plopped down in the kind of residential neighborhood where we're getting strange looks for being white folk driving down that particular street.  It had a great review in the local paper and I've been trying to find good fried okra here for the last ten years, though, so it was worth a shot.  (And it was really good!)

Anyway, the menu was a list of meats and sides scrawled on a whiteboard on the wall, and neither MIL or I could figure out whether "Jesus eggs" was an abbreviation for something or whether it was some dish we'd never heard of before, so she asked.

MIL: "Excuse me, but what are "Jesus eggs?  I've never heard of those."
Cook (also, I suspect, owner and the woman the restaurant is named for): "Lord almighty, you've never had Jesus eggs?  Jesus eggs is like deviled eggs except [stage whisper] the devil ain't welcome 'round here no more!"

I had a really hard time not breaking into giggles but I figured she'd probably be really offended if I did  :P  It's like "freedom fries," I guess - I got the impression she wasn't changing the name to be silly or tongue-in-cheek, she really was trying to avoid involving the devil in her restaurant.  Anyway, MIL and I both tried them and they were really good deviled eggs  ;D  Between that and the okra, I'm definitely coming back!

nutraxfornerves:
There are people who advocate that the standard greeting "hello" should be changed to "heaveno."

In fact, in 1997, the coiner of the greeting convinced a town to mandate that its employees use that greeting.  Texas town says goodbye to 'hello'.

LazyDaisy:
I had to read that a few times. My mind wanted to break heaveno into "heave no" instead of heaven-o. I couldn't comprehend what vomit had to do with greeting someone.

Diane AKA Traska:
Some people have far too much time on their hands.  And you know what they say about idle hands...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version