A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Exchanges with People that Make Your Brain Hurt

<< < (1586/1586)

hobish:

--- Quote from: Tea Drinker on March 24, 2013, 12:16:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: Nora on March 24, 2013, 10:58:26 AM ---Thanks to this thread I went and read Judges chapter 19, and now I need an adult. And brain bleach. And that machine from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  >:(

--- End quote ---

Hi, I'm Tea Drinker, and I will be your adult for the afternoon. Would you like a cup of tea or hot chocolate?

(Sorry, I have no brain bleach, but maybe some nice soothing music?)

--- End quote ---

I just had to chime in and tell you how much i love this.  :)

kherbert05:

--- Quote from: Softly Spoken on March 26, 2013, 11:11:06 AM ---Not a conversation exchange but something I read. On the website microaggressions.com (which requires massive sanity points and cans of diet coke to read  :( ), there was the following anecdote:

"At my school, the Introduction to Native Americans class, which covers the history of Native Americans from pre-Contact to present day, does not count towards the United States History general education requirement."

???      ???      ???      >:(

--- End quote ---
Was it a history class? Or was it under a different department like sociology or some type of cultural studies? Also how in the world did they cover all the Native American cultures in one class. Even doing something general over the big cultural groups would be difficult.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version