News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 22, 2018, 07:26:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Exchanges with People that Make Your Brain Hurt  (Read 2413225 times)

Adelaide

Re: Exchanges with People that Make Your Brain Hurt
« Reply #5610 on: November 10, 2012, 03:45:47 PM »
It just amazes me how many "friends" I have who keep telling me that we never hang out anymore, that I never come see them, etc. Then when I do get into town and invite them over they're too busy. Then I leave, and they whine that we never hang out anymore, and the cycle begins again. It's especially frustrating when they post things like "I never see you!" on my Facebook wall. Now I've started saying "Yeah, it's just a shame you were busy all those times I invited you to do X, Y, and Z!"

Sirius

« Reply #5611 on: November 10, 2012, 04:02:27 PM »
It just amazes me how many "friends" I have who keep telling me that we never hang out anymore, that I never come see them, etc. Then when I do get into town and invite them over they're too busy. Then I leave, and they whine that we never hang out anymore, and the cycle begins again. It's especially frustrating when they post things like "I never see you!" on my Facebook wall. Now I've started saying "Yeah, it's just a shame you were busy all those times I invited you to do X, Y, and Z!"

Or the ones who always wanted me to come see them, because it was easier on them.  Well, occasionally I'd like a little ease, too.

Adelaide

« Reply #5612 on: November 10, 2012, 04:34:26 PM »

Or the ones who always wanted me to come see them, because it was easier on them.  Well, occasionally I'd like a little ease, too.

Yeah, but don't they have such "great" excuses though? Like they don't want to leave their dogs, or they're tired after work, or their S/O doesn't want to travel that day.  ::)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #5613 on: November 10, 2012, 04:56:02 PM »
My DH's student loan holder is making my brain hurt.

About four weeks ago, we made a sizable payment on his loans. A week later, we received a letter in the mail saying that only $9.76 remained on the loans, so we made the $9.76 payment.

A week after that, we got a letter saying we owed an additional $23.21.

Three days later, we got a letter saying the remaining balance on the loan was $9.06.

I gave all three letters to DH, along with the payment information, to have him call the loan holder. He has not yet gotten a chance to do so.

Yesterday, we got a letter saying we still owe $25.91.

Today we got a letter saying the loan is paid in full. We are completely befuddled. DH is calling the loan holder Monday morning to make sure we don't owe anything else. It's not a matter of interest accruing, since the loans are still in deferral. I don't think they could be any more confusing if they tried.  :o

My DH's student loans are broken down into different loans based on the disbursement term. It may be that his are the same.
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

asb8

« Reply #5614 on: November 10, 2012, 08:50:19 PM »
I have one to add.  I'm training in a new job.  Part of that job is distributing 'fill-in-the-blank' wills to those that don't have a full will and testament set up and show those folks how to fill it out so that it is legal in event of their deaths.  My trainer has been steadfastly insisting that the person should sign the document, then take it to a notary to be notarized. 

Last I checked, the notary has to see ID and watch you sign the document in order for it to be notarized and become a legally binding document.

My trainer refuses to believe this and keeps insisting that I have to say it her way.  :o

LB

« Reply #5615 on: November 10, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »
I have one to add.  I'm training in a new job.  Part of that job is distributing 'fill-in-the-blank' wills to those that don't have a full will and testament set up and show those folks how to fill it out so that it is legal in event of their deaths.  My trainer has been steadfastly insisting that the person should sign the document, then take it to a notary to be notarized. 

Last I checked, the notary has to see ID and watch you sign the document in order for it to be notarized and become a legally binding document.

My trainer refuses to believe this and keeps insisting that I have to say it her way.  :o

You can tell your trainer that at least one (former) notary says she is wrong.  :)

Shoo

« Reply #5616 on: November 10, 2012, 09:44:42 PM »

You can tell your trainer that at least one (former) notary says she is wrong.  :)

Make that two.

SheltieMom

« Reply #5617 on: November 10, 2012, 10:28:43 PM »
Three. Current, not even former!
If Timmy had had a Sheltie, he never would have fallen in that well!

mmswm

« Reply #5618 on: November 10, 2012, 10:40:39 PM »
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

NyaChan

« Reply #5619 on: November 11, 2012, 01:35:20 AM »
Not a notary, currently or formerly, but I still know that isn't right.

southern girl

« Reply #5620 on: November 11, 2012, 07:13:17 AM »
Adding my "your trainer is wrong" to the list.  I've been a notary in two states (not one now) and you had to witness the person signing in order to notarize.

pinkyblue

« Reply #5621 on: November 11, 2012, 10:34:36 AM »
Another notary chiming in to say that your trainer has it wrong.  Also, in some states, including mine, wills are not notarized, just signed and then witnessed.  Maybe your trainer is mixing up "witnessing" with "notarizing."

RegionMom

• ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #5622 on: November 11, 2012, 02:06:38 PM »
The notary must witness the signing in order to notarize that "I legally say that this person signed this document of this day."

Pod to Pinkyblue.

Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

gramma dishes

« Reply #5623 on: November 11, 2012, 04:11:56 PM »
Another notary chiming in to say that your trainer has it wrong.  Also, in some states, including mine, wills are not notarized, just signed and then witnessed.  Maybe your trainer is mixing up "witnessing" with "notarizing."

In my state, even those doing the "witnessing" have to see the person actually sign the will, whether it's notarized or not.

LazyDaisy

« Reply #5624 on: November 11, 2012, 05:09:35 PM »
She needs to get a reason and not let it go. There could be a medical reason that they didn't complete the operation. When my mother had her ovarian cancer surgery that also included a total hysterectomy, the doctor stated up front that she wasn't sure until she got in there to see everything clearly whether or not she would be able to remove anything. 
That's strange: when I had my hysterectomy for cancer this summer, I was told that the surgeon might have to change the TYPE of surgery he would do based on conditions that weren't predictable, but that I was gettin' spayed that day for sure. :D I can see saying that the doctor wouldn't know if she could remove everything via laproscopic techniques, or perform a vag-hys, but I can't imagine starting surgery and concluding that you couldn't remove the tumor after all.
I don't want to threadjack too much but the ovarian tumor had infiltrated the small intestine and uterus, a second and third tumor in the lymph nodes had completely encircled the vena cava. Tumors can be full of blood vessels and a patient can bleed to death during surgery to remove it or it is just too entwined in other organs for a patient to survive. Luckily my mother pulled through her 10-hour surgery. But if the doctor had come into the waiting room in less than an hour, that would mean they were unable to remove anything without killing her -- as it was, she had 6 pints of blood infused.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." — Douglas Adams

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.