Author Topic: Your inability to prepare (family edition); what would you do? UPDATED #5  (Read 2342 times)

Morty'sCleaningLady

I got home from work early tonight to find a message on my answering machine (and nothing is on my cell).  My younger sister was anxious to reach me before she got to Mom's last night and she has/d an important favor to ask.  I called her home and cell with no answer.  I called my parents.  (Dad asked if I'd tried both her and her husband's cell. I don't actually have her husband's cell for the record (and neither did Dad).) 

So, it's been 4 hours since my return call.  I left the house once for 20 minutes to pick Darla dog up at day camp.  I did have a Merry Christmas call from a friend, but I have call waiting.

I'm sitting here debating if I keep trying to call my sister.  I'm sure it's something about picking up a gift (maybe at her house, which is kind of out of my way, but only by 30 minutes one way).  I don't know what to do. 

If my parents are missing out on our gift Christmas morning because I didn't do something, I'm going to feel terribly guilty, even though I know I bought them gifts they will enjoy.  If it's something for me or Darla dog, it can wait until after Christmas.  (And in my heart, I know my parents won't really miss a present.  They will be fine getting it a week or so later.)

Any suggestions for what I should do are appreciated!  (Options are 1.) keep calling; 2.) wait for reply call; 3.) drive out of my way tomorrow just in case; 4.???)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:22:38 PM by Morty'sCleaningLady »
Formerly Mrs.Bart

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
Re: Your inability to prepare (family edition); what would you do?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 07:43:36 PM »
You've done what you can so I would just let her call you back.

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 07:45:26 PM »
You've done what you can so I would just let her call you back.

That's sort of my take.  Thanks!
Formerly Mrs.Bart

FoxPaws

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 08:19:33 PM »
I'm assuming you left messages? If so, the ball is in her court. My guess is that the time frame in which she needed the favor has passed - although in that case I think she should at least let you know you're off the hook.
I am so a lady. And if you say I'm not, I'll slug you. - Cindy Brady

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 09:05:18 PM »
Yes, messages left at both numbers (and obviously at my parents where Sis and BIL were heading tonight).
Formerly Mrs.Bart

Morty'sCleaningLady

Re: Your inability to prepare (family edition); what would you do? UPDATED
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »
Sis finally called back.  A UPS shipment (yes, gift to my parents) arrived just before she left.  I won't need to drive by her house tomorrow (which is good, because I wasn't sure if UPS was working).
Formerly Mrs.Bart