Author Topic: S/O Ignore this!  (Read 930 times)

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
S/O Ignore this!
« on: January 01, 2012, 07:00:58 PM »
Since some of us find it hard to ignore something that says "Ignore this!" ;D

If you had to keep a straight face and totally ignore what was going on around you, what would make you crack?? Your fave movie star chatting with you? Your SO tickling you? Explosions or natural disasters? Someone up ahead popping into a suspicious-looking phone booth?

Personally, if aliens landed, my curiosity would be hitting the roof. I'd be one of those people sneaking onto the ship to take a peek. :P

What would you find impossible to ignore?
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
Re: S/O Ignore this!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:36:59 PM »

streakers usually make me laugh.  ;D
Stewart/Colbert '16

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 09:57:31 AM »
When I was about 12, mom and I were in church for Good Friday, the most solemn day of the church year.

On Holy Thursday, the host was moved from the main altar to a side altar that is supposed to represent the tomb.  The lillies decorating this side altar were absurdly tall.  Both mom and I thought they were hilarious.  We were so close to laughing that we couldn't even look at each other.  Finally, I had to get up and leave. 

Another thing that almost always make me crack up is the announcement of some subway trains.  At each stop a voice announces, 'This is X stop.  Next stop, Y Street.  Watch the closing doors, please'.  The problem is that the last is said in a particularly silly way.  I'm far from the only one who laughs.

blue2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 10:40:40 AM »
I would probably laugh at that one!

The electronic voice on our bus system is quite serious, but it mushes things together. I had a "What the heck??" moment when we went by a school and it announced "Next stop - Kent Street and Owlayeeopeezkoo".

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 09:07:15 PM »
I'm sitting in an Easter pageant at the church I used to attend.  On the side of the stage closest to where I was seated was a papier mache tomb with a large papier mache round "stone" over the entrance that had a diameter of about six feet.  After the "angels" had moved the stone, the lanyard holding it onto the front of the tomb snapped, and the stone rolled off the stage and up the aisle toward the exit, with a "Roman soldier" and an "angel" in pursuit.   If it hadn't bumped into someone's walker and fallen over it could have gone right out the open door into the lobby.  Fortunately I wasn't the only one laughing. 

blue2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 02:00:51 AM »
LOL!

Kid's pageants are good for practicing a straight face. Something always happens! :P

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 04:05:30 AM »
Noisy bodily functions during a silent moment, innuendo, and "that's what she said" jokes that make no sense.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-