Author Topic: S/O Don't Eat The Meatballs - the Amazon Hits on Your Name game  (Read 5132 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
S/O Don't Eat The Meatballs - the Amazon Hits on Your Name game
« on: January 04, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »
A spinoff from the Don't Eat The Meatballs thread: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=102719.msg2614443#msg2614443

There are no hits on my name, but a name similar to mine comes up with US Army Technical Bulletins.

Just my first name brings up Contemporary Religious Movements in Taiwan: Rhetorics of Persuasion.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Eeep!

Re: S/O Don't Eat The Meatballs - the Amazon Hits on Your Name game
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 01:45:21 PM »
Well my first hit isn't all that exciting - a book called Murder in Shawnee.
But my second book is a book in German - Wissenschaftlicher Briefwechsel mit Bohr, Einstein, Heisenberg u.a. / Scientific Correspondence with Bohr, Einstein, Heisenberg a.o.: Band/Volume 3: ... and Physical Sciences) (German Edition) [Hardcover]  - Which sounds quite interesting!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »
I get a bunch of biographies of philosophers -- in German!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

#1aunt

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 01:50:31 PM »
I get romance novels and motorcycle photography books.

Betelnut

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 01:51:31 PM »
Apparently, my name is the same as the author of science fictiony Harlequin romances featuring space soldiers and intergalactic love affairs.  Cool!
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 01:53:54 PM »
As I stated in the original thread, my name gets me a book on Lincoln (but not my last name, that brings up nothing.)

My forum name brings up an article about insurance trends.  Yawn.  But the second hit for that is "The Traska Name in History", which is kind of cool.  I'm not buying it, I'm not in there.  ::Sniffs::

WhiteTigerCub

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 01:56:33 PM »
My last name is a maker of sporting goods...59,000+ items

First name is mostly book authors...11,500+ items

Arizona

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 01:59:52 PM »
As I stated in the original thread, my name gets me a book on Lincoln (but not my last name, that brings up nothing.)

My forum name brings up an article about insurance trends.  Yawn.  But the second hit for that is "The Traska Name in History", which is kind of cool.  I'm not buying it, I'm not in there.  ::Sniffs::

I got that The ___ Name in History for my first name - apparently, the way I spell it, Kaiti is a last name, too! (Greek, I think?)
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 02:17:31 PM »
I get a whole pile of books on WWII and a book called The Man Without Qualities. That's...different.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 02:25:19 PM »
I get two hits:

1) "From the Sanctuary to the Streets: How the Dreams of One City's Homeless Sparked a Faith Revolution That Transformed a Community"

2) National Lampoon's Senior Trip

Love the combination there!  I have no idea why either of these come up for me, other than that the author of the book and I share a first name  ::)

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 02:38:33 PM »
No hits on my full name.  First hit (out of 100,000+) on my first name is the movie Laura.   Only about 15 hits on my last name, mostly revolving around the name of a character in a particular book

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 02:44:51 PM »
My first name had very predictable results since my name is biblical.

My last name pulled up a squicky sounding horror novel and something called "The man who thought he was king of France", which sounds kind of intriguing.

And, since my forum name *is* a book title, the results were surprising only is that the seem to be various books by various authors with that title.

jmarvellous

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 02:57:47 PM »
Slartibartfast: I love your first name!

My first and last (without quotation marks -- with = no results) have no books, and only one film, 2001's "Ticker."

First only gives 22,000 results, the first a Portuguese movie with a title that's just my first name.
Last only gives 2,000 results, starting with fiction for girls written by someone with my last name.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 02:59:22 PM »
Apparently, my name is the same as the author of science fictiony Harlequin romances featuring space soldiers and intergalactic love affairs.  Cool!

Ah - is this the writer who will have a love scene interrupt a BATTLE?  Because the characters just can't stand it any longer - they have to touch (even a kiss takes too long when you're a target for weapons - but that would be MY gut instincts - I've never been shot at)........anyohne who has been shot at can tell us how realistic it might be.............

Please tell me there aren't that many writers folding romance novels into science fiction AND interrupting the really dramatic parts for a romantic interlude?  Please..............
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:01:11 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 03:26:00 PM »
My first name came up with books whose titles have the same name. First and last brought up movies with an actress who has the same last name.

For the heck of it, I typed in my unusual German maiden name, and got 3 hits. I never knew I shared a name with an author!
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!