Author Topic: S/O Don't Eat The Meatballs - the Amazon Hits on Your Name game  (Read 5160 times)

emwithme

Re: S/O Don't Eat The Meatballs - the Amazon Hits on Your Name game
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 02:07:32 PM »
Full name (no inverted commas): First hit, a manga version of Hamlet.  I may have to buy it.

Full name (with inverted commas): I share with a round the world sailor so I get her autobiography.

First name alone: Very popular book by a 19th Century female author...lots of it!

No hits on my login name...

Rohanna

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 08:58:57 PM »
My name w/o quote brings back a scrabble toy as the first hit   :o . Just my first name brings up a boatload of arrangements of a particular classical piece.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. ~ Jack Layton.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 09:12:54 PM »
Apparently I teach a form of lacemaking!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

crella

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 10:22:14 PM »
First name, song books.

Last name, books of woodblock prints.

Both names, a list with a mix of the above two! I had no idea that someone with our last name was a woodblock artist.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 12:22:45 AM »
My name comes up with a series of mystery books with an author who has the same first name and a hyphenated last name containing my last name, and  PH. D. in education who writes about teaching.

mabelle

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »
i share a not-common-at-all last name with a horror/fantasy author, so all my name brings up is his novels.

Petticoats

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2012, 02:21:33 PM »
My name w/o quote brings back a scrabble toy as the first hit   :o . Just my first name brings up a boatload of arrangements of a particular classical piece.

I have to admit I'm curious what the toy is, but I know of at least one brand that uses women's names for the different models, so it's probably not that uncommon an occurrence.

For my full name, Amazon actually has a novel I self-published back in 1990. Presumably some of the relatives who felt duty bound to buy it are now putting their copies up for sale. :)

For just my first name, the top result is the mp3 of a song from the '80s with my first name as its title.

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2012, 02:31:26 PM »
There's no use doing a search with just my first or just my last names, as both are dirt common. Using both names, I get 1,175 results. Using first name, middle initial, and last name I get 177 results including Prison Break Season 1 and some movie called Relax, It's Just Sex.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

dustyninja

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2012, 11:45:22 PM »
The first hit to my name is the same as one of Mexico's' Day of the Dead lead female figures. Then I got a bunch of accessories with my name. Then other decorating things. 
My kitties are angels sent from heaven above, with sandpaper kisses and hearts full of love.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 12:03:55 AM »
A movie called "The Definition of Insanity" and a couple of travel books.  My maiden name pulls up umpteen religious books.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 12:10:07 AM by Dazi »
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

AngelicGamer

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2012, 02:55:27 AM »
My first hit comes up with the short story collection I'm in.  I'm kind of happy that it does that.  All the profits of the book goes back into making sure the website that the people who run the collection happen.  :)

I then get a lot of biographies and other things on Frank Schubert.  Fun!

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2012, 04:08:06 AM »
The first hit on my first name is some sort of Christian guide to energy- fossil fuels and the like, not spiritual- and how energy affects your life as a Christian. Or something.

The first hit on my surname is my father's (out of print) textbook.

I am likely the only one in the world with my combination of first and surnames, so no hits on my first name and last name for me.

travestine

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »
First+last names = no hits

First name = DVD's of recently cancelled, Emmy-award winning for Best Comedic Actress series AND DVD entitled "Bikini Girls from the Lost Planet" (yeah, right.  Put me in a bikini and they'd be trying to lose THAT planet real fast!)

Last name = I have a distant relative who is an NHL hockey player - bunch of stuff signed/about him

Forum name = nothing, but it is one letter off a type of decorative stone, so lots of hits for that
"A "no" uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a "yes" merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble."
 — Mahatma Ghandi

Golden Phoenix

• Firebird
    • Matt's Menu
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »
First name: Never Stop Holding Hands: And Other Marriage Survival Tips by Shara Grylls

Married surename: Broadsword and Singlestick: with Chapters on Quarter-staff, Bayonet, Cudgel, Shillalah, Walking-stick, Umbrella, and Other Weapons of Self-defense: With ... Umbrella, and Other Weapons of Self-defense by R.C. Allanson-Winn and C. Phillipps-Wolley

Maiden Surname: Salt [DVD] [2010] Starring Angelina Jolie, Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor, et al.

Full Married name: No hits

Full Maiden Name: No hits but my first name did get suggested-correctionned to Shark.

Forum name: The Golden Phoenix: Seven Contemporary Korean Short Stories by Suh Ji-moon and Ji-moon Suh

turtleIScream

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 08:56:37 PM »
Hmmm, I must come from a long line of talentless people; not a single hit on my maiden name. I share my married name with an author of medical textbooks, but he's not related to my husband.

My first name, I get results for an illustrator of primarily children's books, and also a country musician whose limited availability CDs are priced around $40.

Not surprisingly, nothing for my full name. I'm kind of bummed the results were so limited; I was hoping I might see something that would spark a new interest. Oh well.