Etiquette School is in session! > Complete Silence

My clothes are church appropriate!

<< < (31/33) > >>

It's good to be Queen:
At my church (a typical mainline protestant denomination) we like to say that we have a very strict dress code--  You must wear clothes!  (In other words, any clothing is acceptable, all are welcome!)

LilacRosey:
I love this! so useful! Thank you etiquettehel.com!

magician5:

--- Quote from: It's good to be Queen on October 16, 2012, 07:12:53 PM ---At my church (a typical mainline protestant denomination) we like to say that we have a very strict dress code--  You must wear clothes!  (In other words, any clothing is acceptable, all are welcome!)

--- End quote ---

I'm extremely offended - I belong to the naturist sect of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and we believe you'll never get to Spaghetti Heaven with clothes on!

White Lotus:
Buddhist temples do have a dress code. Some temples with a lot of tourist visitors, like that of the Emerald Buddha in Thailand, strictly enforce it. They pass out camp shirts and sarongs to all inappropriately dressed comers.  Cover the torso from the collarbone down, arms to the (more or less) elbow and legs to the (more or less) knee. No head coverings.  Other than that, clean and tidy is good. Many of us carry a lace or sheer jacket or shawl, or a long-sleeved cotton shirt to be worn as a jacket, in the car during warm months.

However, our sect's temples never turn anyone away because of attire.  We figure they'll figure it out soon enough.  This is both to prevent distractions -- that body builder in his tight tank tops was pretty darned distracting until another gym rat enlightened (pun intended) him -- and also focus our minds on the purpose of our attendance, which is Buddhist practice.

Auryn Grigori:

--- Quote from: Firecat on January 10, 2012, 06:30:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: MrsJWine on January 10, 2012, 05:15:28 PM ---I think you need to make her a (high-collared) t-shirt that says, "At least my bosoms are covered."

--- End quote ---

LOL! If I lived near the OP, I'd be tempted to show up in my Renaissance Festival outfit...(that is, LOTS of cleavage), point to the OP with her collar bones showing, and say "That's not an exposed bosom," and then point to myself and say, "THIS is an exposed bosom."

--- End quote ---

Be my friend! I think that I would do that. Or if I was the OP wearing a shirt that only exposed my collarbone, my response would be "My dear lady, I think you are mistaken. My bosom is down here. This is my collarbone." And I probably deserve a spot in E-Hell for that one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version