A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

Business names that sound strange to others?

<< < (34/39) > >>

BabylonSister:

--- Quote from: Lynn2000 on December 06, 2012, 10:41:42 PM ---I was traveling in the northern Midwest over the summer and there seems to be a chain of gas station convenience stores called something like... Kum & Go. I think, is it just me, or... ??

--- End quote ---

Yup.

http://www.kumandgo.com/

jedikaiti:

--- Quote from: Lynn2000 on December 06, 2012, 10:41:42 PM ---I was traveling in the northern Midwest over the summer and there seems to be a chain of gas station convenience stores called something like... Kum & Go. I think, is it just me, or... ??

--- End quote ---

Nope - long ago, my friends & I collected lighters from that chain for just that reason. I may have even posted about it early in this thread. :)

Shopaholic:
Oh dear deity, I just heard of a restaurant called "Zygote".

catbug:
One of the best fish and chip shops I have been to is near the St Lucia campus of University of Queensland. It's called "A Salt and Battery". Think it is the best business name I have ever heard.

gramma dishes:

--- Quote from: Moray on May 01, 2012, 12:32:00 PM ---A new Thai restaurant opened up in my neighborhood.

Thai-A-Royd. Yup, thyroid. It's actually getting decent reviews, so in spite of the name, I think I have[i/] to eat there.

--- End quote ---

Well, it could be worse.  Imagine the restaurant being owned by someone with the last name of Hemor ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version