Granolan bars from All Recipes:http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Granola-Bars-III/Detail.aspxINGREDIENTS
* 2 cups quick cooking oats*
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar**
* 3/4 cup raisins
* 1/2 cup wheat germ
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 cup chopped English walnuts***
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1 egg
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and spray with vegetable oil spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together oats, flour, brown sugar, raisins, wheat germ, salt, cinnamon, and walnuts. In a smaller bowl, thoroughly blend oil, honey, egg, and vanilla; pour into the flour mixture, and mix by hand until the liquid is evenly distributed. Press evenly into the prepared baking pan.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden. Cool completely in pan before turning out onto a cutting board and cutting into bars.
* note that you need altogether 3.5 cups of grain/flours. I just put together what I have. sometimes more oats, less flour, no wheat germ etc. I also usually use WW flour i/o of all purpose. so for example, I use 2.5 cups of oats and 1 cup of WW flour.
**you can put less sugar, but do not omit the honey (that's what glues it together). you can use molasses i/o the honey.
*** you can add whatever you want - i usually add pecans and cranberries, chopped dark chocolate etc.
These freeze well.