Author Topic: If it weren't for the punishment.... (funny things we wish we could do)  (Read 5027 times)

MorgnsGrl

Re: If it weren't for the punishment.... (funny things we wish we could do)
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 03:17:28 PM »
My husband thinks it would be cool to have a kitten petting zoo. People pay a fee and can play with the kittens for an hour. Surely lots of people would pay to play with adorable kittens! Of course in a practical sense it would be impossible, because the kittens would be sleeping when people wanted to play with them, and you'd need a steady stream of newborn kittens to keep the supply up...

Elisabunny

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »
I've tried to convince my wife of this for the in-home daycare.

A velcro wall, you put all the kids in some type of harness when they get there foer the day, and then have a velcro strip like 3 feet off the ground (high enough to keep them off the ground, low enough that no one dies from the fall)

When the kids need a timeout, you just grab them by the harness and smack them onto the wall.  Granted you'd need good velcro or something to assure that they cannot push off, but it seems like it would solve so many problems.

This is why I don't work with children :)
Considering that our local inflatables park has a velcro wall, you might want to use it for a reward!
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 06:00:17 PM »
My husband thinks it would be cool to have a kitten petting zoo. People pay a fee and can play with the kittens for an hour. Surely lots of people would pay to play with adorable kittens! Of course in a practical sense it would be impossible, because the kittens would be sleeping when people wanted to play with them, and you'd need a steady stream of newborn kittens to keep the supply up...
They have something similar in Japan- Cat Cafes.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_cafe
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Reader

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 10:37:15 AM »
They have something similar in Japan- Cat Cafes.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_cafe

They do.  My friend who is currently in a program where she is living there and teaching english, went to one with her husband.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2012, 12:18:25 PM »
The following would so happen...

Spend a day in one of "those" customers houses doing the following...

Stuffing things down a toilet that do not belong in a toilet.
Spilling things on the floor, and not telling them.
Putting things where they don't belong, bonus points for fridge and freezer items, especially fish, hidden in places that can't be seen or found without tearing half a shelf apart.
Throwing clothes on the floor, simply because I don't want to put it where I found it.

Tell a stinky customer to take a bath, please.

Tell a shoplifter to grow the H*** up and quit stealing!

NyaChan

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2012, 02:40:21 PM »

They do.  My friend who is currently in a program where she is living there and teaching english, went to one with her husband.

I went to one of those :D loved it! Wish we had that here, no pets allowed in my apartment.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 02:59:34 PM »
Open a company that goes to people's houses that have done rotten things, and give them the bottom chewing that the paying customer would like to give them, but can't because of whatever reason (family, work, etc.)

I'd be so good at it... So. Good.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 03:25:25 PM »
Unfortunately my mother is no longer with us, but she'd have been excellent at that, AFBluebell.  She could blister paint at ten paces without saying a word that would have caused comment in a cathedral, and keep right on going way after when most people run out of either breath or inspiration.  And never repeat herself. 

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 04:09:54 PM »
Take a nap at the office.  I slept adequately but not well last night, and have coughed a lot today, so I just want a 30 minute nap.  Trouble is, if I go home sick, I will not be able to start that nap for over an hour, and if I do fall asleep, I won't sleep tonight. 

Sadly, sleeping at my desk is just not an option. 
   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

MrTango

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2012, 03:41:56 PM »
I've always wanted to install a train-horn on my car.  It would have its own seperate switch so that if someone just needs a little "toot" to let them know that the light is green, I could still use my regular horn.

I'd reserve the train horn for those times when the other driver *really* deserves it.

SheltieMom

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2012, 01:24:03 AM »
My husband has an airhorn on his motorcycle. It's not quite a train horn, but it may have saved his life (literally!) on a couple of occasions.
If Timmy had had a Sheltie, he never would have fallen in that well!

I'mnotinsane

• My mother had me tested
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2012, 07:56:23 PM »
I've always wanted to install a train-horn on my car.  It would have its own seperate switch so that if someone just needs a little "toot" to let them know that the light is green, I could still use my regular horn.

I'd reserve the train horn for those times when the other driver *really* deserves it.

They make train horns for the car.  I do not know if it is separate or in place of the regular horn but it exists.  And it is durn annoying too.

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2012, 10:19:33 AM »
I've tried to convince my wife of this for the in-home daycare.

A velcro wall, you put all the kids in some type of harness when they get there foer the day, and then have a velcro strip like 3 feet off the ground (high enough to keep them off the ground, low enough that no one dies from the fall)

When the kids need a timeout, you just grab them by the harness and smack them onto the wall.  Granted you'd need good velcro or something to assure that they cannot push off, but it seems like it would solve so many problems.

This is why I don't work with children :)

You have no idea how much I'd LOVE to have something like that in my own home.
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Cutenoob

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2012, 08:48:50 PM »
Set up some kind of mechanical STOP sign if you don't wipe your feet when you walk in the door.
Like...Open door. Step in. Plate does not detect movement or pressure. Large STOP sign whacks up from floor. You try to move..lights and sirens start blaring.  (my ex didn't think about wiping feet. My vacuum had lots of practice)