Author Topic: Swimming and ravenous hunger  (Read 1912 times)

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
Re: Swimming and ravenous hunger
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 10:34:58 PM »
Yes!! Swimming is the only sport that makes me starving as soon as I am done. My guess is because it doesn't raise your core temp. the way biking and running do. (Could you guess that i do triathlons??). As for the solution, a protein snack before I start, and lids of water when I finish. I'm still hungry, but not the horrible bottomless pit hunger.

I knew that part of the reason was the cold water; do you think hopping in the hot tub or steam room right after would help? I normally take a really long, hot shower afterwards, but it's not quite the same as total immersion in heat.

I'm not willing to give up swimming. It's the one sport I'm actually kind of good at, even as out of shape for it as I am. I do other exercise to work on weight loss; I just love swimming to swim. So, thanks for all the suggestions! Hopefully they'll help. I don't want the thing I love to reverse all the progress I've made this year!

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

Nora

Re: Swimming and ravenous hunger
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 08:27:07 AM »
As a longtime swimmer I find warm food fills me up faster and longer after swimming than anything else.
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.