Author Topic: Soooo...what brings you here? :-) *How you found this wonderful forum*  (Read 4337 times)

rose red

• Super Hero!
Re: Soooo...what brings you here? :-) *How you found this wonderful forum*
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 09:59:13 AM »
I think I was reading funny or horror (probably both) wedding stories.  I googled for more stories and the rest is history.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 10:12:16 AM »
Years ago, when this board was I'm an earlier incarnation, there was a mention of it in the New York Times. 

I made a visit and decided to stay. 

sempronialou

• semper ubi sub ubi
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »
Over 8 years ago, I was planning my wedding using indiebride.com.  In the etiquette topic on the kvetch page, someone posted the ehell website with all the stories.  It was hard on my eyes back then, but boy, were those stories shocking and entertaining.  Then one day, I found the forum on the "place that shall not be named".  And I've been following it around ever since then. 

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »
Wedding planning.  Like the OP, I am an "When in doubt, read".  I don't think it was the book though.  I didn't what to do anything rude in ignorance, so I searched "Wedding etiquette".  I rationed myself to a page of stories a day (They were in a different format then)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 10:44:35 AM »
Etiquette fascinates me, so one day I did a search and ended up here.  That was back about 1999 or so.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 11:35:45 AM »
I stumbled across the old site and old forum back in 2004-5 when I was planning my wedding, and kept checking back to read the stories and skip through the conversations.  I followed it after the move, and kept lurking on and off.  Then, a couple of years ago (just checked--almost three years!  Wow!) I finally decided to register and start posting.  Hi! (waves)
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 12:12:20 PM »
I found it via Snopes as well, then started reading the site in fascinated horror...

Then I started reading the forum.
NE England

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 12:40:48 PM »
I'm wracking my brain trying to remember how I got here.
I know I stumbled onto the main site somehow. From there I joined the old version of the forum and then came over with the migration.

I just can't remember how I got to the main site.
I do recall that when I first got here there weren't many archives. I came back every few months to catch up after new stories were posted.

Now I'm going to scratch my head all day trying to remember!  :D

Shea

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 01:37:11 PM »
I ran across a blog post discussing terrible baby names, which linked to the Baby Names: You're Kidding, Right? thread (which, if you can believe it, was under 100 posts at the time ;). I followed the link and decided I liked the forum.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

drebay

• drebay does not stand for Dr Ebay!
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 02:17:05 PM »
I found some website where waitstaff was complaining about tips, and someone mentioned that they this site was talking about tipping.  So, I came here to see what others thought as I live in a state where waitstaff is paid standard minimum wage and also get tips. 

CosmicChicken42

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 04:06:59 PM »
I found in on Dear Abby! I used to read it in the paper religiously and this website was mentioned in one of the articles.  I found the main site in 2006/2007 and found the forum in 2008. 

Portugal79

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 07:00:13 PM »
about a year ago i was bored at work so started searching Bridezilla stories on google and EQ popped up, i devoured the archive, read the blog and looked over this forum...and then a month ago decided it was time to join...very glad i did  :)

Mikayla

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »
I'm another one who doesn't remember it very clearly.  I think I lurked at the old site, but never posted.  And then when they made the big move in Dec. 2006 I followed, lurked for a week or two, and then started posting recipes.  For some reason, I was really intimidated.  My recipes were non-controversial :)

Gwywnnydd

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2012, 01:11:02 AM »
I no longer remember exactly how I found this place.
I know I started by reading the old site, on the host-that-shall-not-be-named, and wandered back every few months to see if there had been an update. I joined the forums back then, but I don't know exactly when.
The earliest mention of EH that shows up in my LiveJournal is in 2003, and I'd been reading for a while at that point.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2012, 05:22:23 AM »
I do not remember how I found the site or what I was doing, but it was years ago and I liked it so well I sent stories of some things that had happened to me a few years before.  Then I promptly forgot I had done so. 

A couple of years ago I was following links and came upon the site - which I did not recognize at all.  I started reading the archives and came upon the stories I had sent in.  When I read them, I went; "Oh yeah, I remember!".  Then I joined the forums.