News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 20, 2018, 11:06:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Slow loading  (Read 8831 times)

guihong

Slow loading
« on: January 23, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
Does anyone else find that the site works OK for a few minutes, and then it's very slow and sluggy?

Outdoor Girl

Re: Slow loading
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »
I have.  I just assumed it was the internet connection at work because it tends to be a bit glitchy like that.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

WestAussieGirl

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 02:58:57 PM »
I have been having problems like that with it lately.  Sometimes it's just slow to load, other times I will get a "server not responding" message. Other sites are okay so I don't think the problem is at my end.

susku

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 03:42:36 PM »
For about on hour every day around the time the site goes offline, it's painfully slow on all browsers. After it's shut down for it's normal fifteen - twenty minutes, it it's on and off slow for a while and then seems fine.

Bijou

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 11:50:10 PM »
I notice it seems to be around the same time every morning, between 4 and 5.  I have just stopped wondering about it and think that is just the way it is, go do something else, and try again later.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »
If it happens in the middle of the night, 3am EST, it's the server database getting backed up.    If it happens  in the early morning, about 8:30 am EST, it's just that everyone is waking up, getting to work, firing up their computers and logging into Ehell all at the same time. 

guihong

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 11:14:09 AM »
If it happens in the middle of the night, 3am EST, it's the server database getting backed up.    If it happens  in the early morning, about 8:30 am EST, it's just that everyone is waking up, getting to work, firing up their computers and logging into Ehell all at the same time.

Ah that makes sense :).  I'm on about 7AM CST.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 08:24:52 AM »
Has anyone noticed a problem in the past week/10 days?  We had a problem Monday the 5th but I haven't noticed any major slowdowns since then. 

Shoo

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 08:59:13 AM »
Does anyone else find that the site works OK for a few minutes, and then it's very slow and sluggy?

Every single morning between 6:30 and 7:30 this happens to me.  It's almost gotten to the point where I consider skipping Ehell during the morning hours because it's so frustrating.  And that makes me sad. :( 

I figure it's just a lot of traffic at that time of day, causing the site to freeze up and/or slow down.  There are a LOT of people accessing this site, and I bet the mornings are the busiest.

susku

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 10:19:14 AM »
Yes, daily. The site will not load at all for anything between half an hour to an hour around 1pm GMT and will also be very slow between 7-8am GMT.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
    • Etiquette Hell
Still slow loading? Re: Slow loading
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 07:23:31 AM »
With the migration to a new data center and band new server, the hope is that the slow down we see each morning around 8:30 AM EST-ish (and really noticeably on Monday mornings) is a thing of the past.   

Let me know if this is still a problem.

Bijou

Re: Still slow loading? Re: Slow loading
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 11:42:09 AM »
With the migration to a new data center and band new server, the hope is that the slow down we see each morning around 8:30 AM EST-ish (and really noticeably on Monday mornings) is a thing of the past.   

Let me know if this is still a problem.
It seemed to be fine yesterday after the chnage took place, but his morning I got on but then the site wasn't responding.  This was about 9:25am PST and I was just able to get on and it is now 9:40am.  It seems the same problems as before this most current (yesterday) change. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Luci

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 11:52:08 AM »
Mine was at 11:30 CDT, or 12:30 EDT - eastern metropolitan lunch hour.

My provider just attempts for so long the then says 'Cannot connect', which is what happened.

It's only 20 minutes later now and I'm fine.

susku

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 07:39:19 AM »
The problem was back at its usual time today - the site was gone for 40 minutes from 12:55 BST or so until 13:35.

Today and yesterday there was also a clear slowdown in loading time around 7am BST.