Author Topic: Slow loading  (Read 3975 times)

guihong

• Super Hero!
Slow loading
« on: January 23, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
Does anyone else find that the site works OK for a few minutes, and then it's very slow and sluggy?

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Slow loading
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 03:29:50 PM »
I have.  I just assumed it was the internet connection at work because it tends to be a bit glitchy like that.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

WestAussieGirl

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 03:58:57 PM »
I have been having problems like that with it lately.  Sometimes it's just slow to load, other times I will get a "server not responding" message. Other sites are okay so I don't think the problem is at my end.

Perfect Circle

• Buy the sky and sell the sky and bleed the sky...
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 04:42:36 PM »
For about on hour every day around the time the site goes offline, it's painfully slow on all browsers. After it's shut down for it's normal fifteen - twenty minutes, it it's on and off slow for a while and then seems fine.
Maybe he's caught in the legend
maybe he's caught in the mood
Maybe these maps and legends
Have been misunderstood

The map that you painted didn't seem real
He just sings whatever he's seen
Point to the legend, point to the east
Point to the yellow, red, and green

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 12:50:10 AM »
I notice it seems to be around the same time every morning, between 4 and 5.  I have just stopped wondering about it and think that is just the way it is, go do something else, and try again later.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 09:10:33 AM »
If it happens in the middle of the night, 3am EST, it's the server database getting backed up.    If it happens  in the early morning, about 8:30 am EST, it's just that everyone is waking up, getting to work, firing up their computers and logging into Ehell all at the same time. 

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 12:14:09 PM »
If it happens in the middle of the night, 3am EST, it's the server database getting backed up.    If it happens  in the early morning, about 8:30 am EST, it's just that everyone is waking up, getting to work, firing up their computers and logging into Ehell all at the same time.

Ah that makes sense :).  I'm on about 7AM CST.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 09:24:52 AM »
Has anyone noticed a problem in the past week/10 days?  We had a problem Monday the 5th but I haven't noticed any major slowdowns since then. 

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 09:59:13 AM »
Does anyone else find that the site works OK for a few minutes, and then it's very slow and sluggy?

Every single morning between 6:30 and 7:30 this happens to me.  It's almost gotten to the point where I consider skipping Ehell during the morning hours because it's so frustrating.  And that makes me sad. :( 

I figure it's just a lot of traffic at that time of day, causing the site to freeze up and/or slow down.  There are a LOT of people accessing this site, and I bet the mornings are the busiest.

Perfect Circle

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »
Yes, daily. The site will not load at all for anything between half an hour to an hour around 1pm GMT and will also be very slow between 7-8am GMT.
Have been misunderstood

Ehelldame

• Administrator
    • Etiquette Hell
Still slow loading? Re: Slow loading
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 08:23:31 AM »
With the migration to a new data center and band new server, the hope is that the slow down we see each morning around 8:30 AM EST-ish (and really noticeably on Monday mornings) is a thing of the past.   

Let me know if this is still a problem.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Re: Still slow loading? Re: Slow loading
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 12:42:09 PM »
With the migration to a new data center and band new server, the hope is that the slow down we see each morning around 8:30 AM EST-ish (and really noticeably on Monday mornings) is a thing of the past.   

Let me know if this is still a problem.
It seemed to be fine yesterday after the chnage took place, but his morning I got on but then the site wasn't responding.  This was about 9:25am PST and I was just able to get on and it is now 9:40am.  It seems the same problems as before this most current (yesterday) change. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 12:52:08 PM »
Mine was at 11:30 CDT, or 12:30 EDT - eastern metropolitan lunch hour.

My provider just attempts for so long the then says 'Cannot connect', which is what happened.

It's only 20 minutes later now and I'm fine.

Perfect Circle

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 08:39:19 AM »
The problem was back at its usual time today - the site was gone for 40 minutes from 12:55 BST or so until 13:35.

Today and yesterday there was also a clear slowdown in loading time around 7am BST.
Have been misunderstood