Author Topic: Mixed drink good to make in a large quantity?  (Read 6254 times)

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
Re: Mixed drink good to make in a large quantity?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 09:09:51 AM »
Pimms is nice- you mix Pimms and lemonade, then add a variety of things such as sliced orange, cucumber, strawberries, mint leaves and so on, with lots of ice. You can always take things separately and just mix together when you get there.
NE England

yachtchick

• Caribbean Cat Charters
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 09:40:52 AM »
I'm in the islands so PAINKILLERS!  Rum, creme of coconut, orange juice and pineapple juice - YUM.  Go to drinkmixers.com and search for it for quantities. 

You will need nutmeg also to sprinkle on top.

Enjoy!

You can not control the wind - you can only adjust your sails.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 11:48:44 AM »
Sea Breezes (cranberry juice, grapefruit juice and vodka) are very popular here and delicious.

The problem is, they're a bit too delicious KWIM?  like a good sangria you don't realize the potency of the thing until you've had one too many and mysteriously lose your knees. 

ACBNYC

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 07:57:50 AM »
I made prosseco sangria last night and it's in the fridge! This container is *huge* and I probably could fit another bottle of prosseco in there--there are two already--so I might pop over to the liquor store when it opens and dump another bottle in. I doubled the recipe but I think there is so much fruit in there that a bit more prosseco will be fine as long as I add more cointreau and sugar.

The only change I made--the strawberries at the store looked sad, and they were out of frozen strawberries (horrible little grocery store, but it's the closest to my house and that was all I had time for yesterday)...so I threw in a bag of frozen raspberries.

I'll let you know how it tastes after the party. And I'll probably be back for recipes involving cointreau, since I'm now the proud owner of a full bottle minus 1/2 cup.  ;D

ACBNYC

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 01:43:02 PM »
The prosseco sangria was a huge hit--the whole container, holding three bottles of prosseco and 1.5 cups of cointreau--was gone in about half an hour (there were a lot of people there).

And now I have a headache.  ;D

NyaChan

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 01:47:24 PM »
haha :D sounds like a good party!  I think the prosecco recipe is definitely going to the top of my list of party drinks to try out.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 02:57:04 PM »
A friend of mine was the flower girl at age 4ish for her sister's wedding (big family - 6 kids).  For the rehearsal party, someone had made sangria and my friend ate a whole bunch of strawberries without anybody noticing.  She knew the drink was 'adult' drink but didn't realize about the strawberries.

So she had her first hangover the day of the wedding, at age 4.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 08:39:46 PM »
The prosseco sangria was a huge hit--the whole container, holding three bottles of prosseco and 1.5 cups of cointreau--was gone in about half an hour (there were a lot of people there).

And now I have a headache.  ;D

Glad it turned out well.  It's pretty flexible on fruit.  My sister makes it with prosseco marinated with strawberries and a can of peach nectar that is really nice too.

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 06:08:44 AM »
A friend of mine was the flower girl at age 4ish for her sister's wedding (big family - 6 kids).  For the rehearsal party, someone had made sangria and my friend ate a whole bunch of strawberries without anybody noticing.  She knew the drink was 'adult' drink but didn't realize about the strawberries.

So she had her first hangover the day of the wedding, at age 4.

My children now ask me to make "Kiddie Pimms" for them- fruit, apple juice and lemonade.
NE England