Author Topic: Birthday Party  (Read 3993 times)

lowspark

Re: Birthday Party
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 10:54:13 AM »
Cheese doesn't have to be high end. People are generally just as happy with regular ol' cheeses, maybe even happier. Cheddar, swiss, maybe some smoked cheese, that sort of thing. You don't have to break the bank. People love cheese and crackers and the most common kinds are best.

kudeebee

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 01:21:50 PM »
I agree with serving snacks at 4 and then the main meal at 6.  This allows plenty of time to swim and socialize.  The meal at 6 signifies the closure of the party--people eat, have cake, talk a bit and then head home.
I would do 15 pounds of meat.

LilacGirl1983

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 02:03:34 PM »
Thank you so much..now the numbers are creeping up to 44 and I am waiting on 4 more people so possibly 50 people...yikes..but 8 of them are maybe's ..so I am not 100 % sure if they are coming or not..I will need to call the hotel and make sure this is ok since its supposed to be in my room/ pool area..will have to ask for tables..also the hot food will be in the hotel room with our door propped open and the cold food on tables outside so to make a line of food..not sure if they have room for that many people..and like I said I didn't think this many would rsvp yes!

LilacGirl1983

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
I am also wondering if it would be cheaper to cater such an event? The numbers changed quickly..

WhiteTigerCub

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 02:33:58 PM »
Thank you so much..now the numbers are creeping up to 44 and I am waiting on 4 more people so possibly 50 people...yikes..but 8 of them are maybe's ..so I am not 100 % sure if they are coming or not..I will need to call the hotel and make sure this is ok since its supposed to be in my room/ pool area..will have to ask for tables..also the hot food will be in the hotel room with our door propped open and the cold food on tables outside so to make a line of food..not sure if they have room for that many people..and like I said I didn't think this many would rsvp yes!

How many people does the room hold? Be careful of fire code restrictions inside.

Arizona

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 03:26:23 PM »
Will there be someone overseeing the food table?  With 50 people, you'll want to make sure everybody get their fair share.  For that many people, I'm going to suggest pasta trays in case you change your mind about sloppy joes.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:29:30 PM by rose red »

The703

• Formerly ND Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »
I would definitely check with the hotel first as if you are the only paying guest at the hotel and you've invited 50 extra people to use the pool they won't like that. Generally hotel pools are for paying guests only. Can you or did you rent a meeting room as a place to set up the food?

LilacGirl1983

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »
I called the inn and they are ok with that many people there and when I first set it up I told them it was for a birthday party. I am only allowed 10 people to swim so I have let people know up front that only the kids swim and I have 7-8 kids swimming with their parents in the water it will bring it up to 10 people. Since 3 of the kids belong to one parent..

ncgal

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 10:08:23 AM »
I called the inn and they are ok with that many people there and when I first set it up I told them it was for a birthday party. I am only allowed 10 people to swim so I have let people know up front that only the kids swim and I have 7-8 kids swimming with their parents in the water it will bring it up to 10 people. Since 3 of the kids belong to one parent..

Did you already state that it was a pool party for the birthday?  I mean, if only 10 people can swim, why have it in a motel room at the pool.  Not that many people can fit into the hotel room (well, unless you get the super big suite) and for me, I would find it weird, to be at a hotel, at a room off the pool, but not allowed to get into the pool. 

You may want to rethink the location.  Is there specific reason you want it pool side at the hotel where only a few select people will be allowed to swim?

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »
I assumed it was a party/reception type room or a meeting room.  If it's a hotel room where people sleep, I can't imagine fitting 50 people in it.

I also think it's weird and unfair if only the children and parents can swim.

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 01:37:02 PM »
I agree with others to perhaps not get 4 tubs of macaroni salad...to me it is just a slimy mess.
Coleslaw, however, I like alot!

LilacGirl1983

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 01:58:56 PM »
Well the party is tomorrow and Hubby still hasn't a clue or really good at acting ! We are up to 51 people if all show up. I decided not to have catering due to cost and location. As for the location it is at the hotel..the way it will be set up will be food will be in the hotel room on tables that lead to the outside of the room where the cold stuff is. The tables will be at the pool side. As for the limit on the who can swim its the limit that the hotel set on me..10 people max per room. If others want to swim thats fine I just have to go up front and pay for it. I hope I got enough

Food:

20 pounds of hamburger
10 cans of manwich (needs 2 pounds each)
60 buns

2 quarts of cheese dip (home made)
2 tubs of onion dip
6 bags of chips
3 -4 gallon tubs of potato salad
2 tubs of macaroni salad

rice crispy bars
 1 /2 sheet of cake
20 cup cakes

8 - 12 packs of soda
2 -10 packs of Hi-c
1- 8 pack of bottled water

4- 2 litters of soda

Think that will be enough?

kudeebee

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 01:05:44 AM »
I would pick up two more packs of buns and some more water.  Otherwise you should be fine,

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2012, 11:07:32 AM »
I'm not sure what it is, but sometimes feels like it's missing from the menu.  I can't put my finger on it. 

I agree with Kudeebee, just to be sure you have enough, I'd get a little more buns. 

Have fun! :)

NyaChan

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 12:41:41 PM »
I'm not sure what it is, but sometimes feels like it's missing from the menu.  I can't put my finger on it. 

I agree with Kudeebee, just to be sure you have enough, I'd get a little more buns. 

Have fun! :)

Veggies?  I'd add a leafy salad or cut veggie/fruit tray.